DIY Pro Level Repair Stand.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

MattMay

by MattMay

The tripod legs on my Feedback stand took up way too much room in my small space and were awkward to work around, so I bought a 50-lb, 2-foot square outdoor steel umbrella stand base, yanked the legs off my stand and stuck the repair stand pole in and tightened. Much better.

by Weenie

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

MattMay wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:35 am
The tripod legs on my Feedback stand took up way too much room in my small space and were awkward to work around, so I bought a 50-lb, 2-foot square outdoor steel umbrella stand base, yanked the legs off my stand and stuck the repair stand pole in and tightened. Much better.

Like!

I was going to do something like this, but ended up beefing up the tubes and a friend help me out with the welding.

kode54

by kode54

What a great job! Would love to have something like this. What about the stainless steel parts bin on the top like your first pic?
- Factor 02 VAM Disc + DA9170 + Enve 4.5AR CK CL hubs
- Moots Vamoots Disc RSL Titanium + DA9170 + Enve 3.4AR CK CL hubs
- Factor LS Disc + DA9170 + Enve G23 CK CL hubs
- Allied Able + DA9170 + Enve G27 CK CL hubs --> outgoing

Alexbn921

by Alexbn921

kode54 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:02 am
What a great job! Would love to have something like this. What about the stainless steel parts bin on the top like your first pic?
Thanks

It is a magnetic parts tray from harbor freight. I cut out the bottom rubber and super glued it to the top.

Orbital

by Orbital

Alexbn921 wrote:
Orbital wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:57 pm
Looks awesome. I’ve been planning a build too and decided on a heavy baseplate rather than a tripod. Mine will secure the bike by the front fork and bottom bracket. Shouldn’t really need to purchase any clamps. Just need to find the time and wait for a project at work that I can secure some suitable crops.
Do it and share. :D
Having a custom stand that fits your needs and size is nice. I also enjoy the process of building new things.
Been working on mine the past few days. Still need to build a stand for it but the hard part is mostly done.

Haven’t mounted a bike on it yet so it may need some refinement.