Best Online Store

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Point

by Point

I've been happy with Bike24, although my latest order (pre Covid) did take longer than expected to arrive.
Bikecomponents I've had good experience with.

I'm almost always going out of my way to avoid Wiggle now. Either they don't have the stock in the first place (again pre Covid and currently), their pricing is abysmal as is their customer service.
Burls Custom Ti
Rove ST Bikepacker
Instagram

by Weenie

desperado95219

by desperado95219

I agree with simoncx concerning the shipping from Bikeinn. Good prices, but delivery takes for ever. I've been waiting over a month now for one item and it still hasn't left the Netherlands. Last order with them from me.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Two excellent Australian stores are Bike Bug and Pushys
BB

Coffee & carbon

Orbital

by Orbital

If price is the deciding factor - Probikekit

If delivery is the deciding factor - Chainreaction

Local stuff - MEC, TREK

Specialty - Fairwheel

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I was just looking for a pair of bib shorts at CRC and the free delivery spend went from $100 to $150 for shipping to Canada. I then went to Wiggle and the same DHB shorts were onsale for cheaper and the spend for free delivery is $120. $88 for shorts and couple pair of socks. I guess Wiggle is my replacement for CRC even though Wiggle does own them.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2012 Time RXRS Ulteam Rim Brake
2008 Time VXR Rim Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Has anyone ordered anything from Merlin recently who are in Canada? I heard they are using FEDEX to deliver goods to Canada? If that is the case, I'm not ordering from them, because FEDEX charges a ridiculous amount for brokerage fees to ship from UK to Canada.

Just seeing if others are experiencing this issue in Canada?

Thanks.
Last edited by Vuong05 on Mon May 25, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg)

velomane

by velomane

I ordered from Merlin on May 18. It is coming via Royal Mail/ CanadaPost.

Orbital

by Orbital

Not Merlin, but I ordered from epicbleedsolutions.com in UK and it shipped Royal Mail/Canada post but took 5 weeks to get to me.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

If you are choosing standard delivery from the UK to Canada it should always come through Canada Post once it arrives in Canada. l rarely ever use the quick shipping and when I have it was normally handled by DHL but once CRC used something called Skynet which was absolute crap for a shipping service to Canada.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2012 Time RXRS Ulteam Rim Brake
2008 Time VXR Rim Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Thanks for the tip guys. Time to put in my order at Merlin... and wait. Lol.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg)

arthurf

by arthurf

I always use Sigma Sports in the UK even if it costs more than Wiggle, Merlin etc. Their delivery and returns is first class and outstanding customer service. Plus they have an incredible shop in London :lol:

Point

by Point

Another for Probikekit too. They often have some great deals!
Burls Custom Ti
Rove ST Bikepacker
Instagram

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

Anyone else have problems with Wiggle recently. They are no longer using boxes or padded envelopes and 2 of my last 3 deliveries were damaged in transit. They started off as competitive on price, reliable on delivery and with added haribos. Even the sweets were melted on my last order and they have gone a long, long way down hill.

To add insult to injury, customer service was no longer available on-line to resolve problems.

snaxez

by snaxez

We mostly order from Bike24 or R2-bike lately. Bike24 seems to have better customer support, with PriceMatch and good shipping rates over 250€. Thay have allways match every priceMatch I have asked. Last one was Specialized Phenom Pro from 241,92€ to 177,99€ (from hibike.com)
R2-bike has some stuff, that you can`t find on bike24. Especially some WW stuff.
Wiggle seems to be out of stock lately with alot of items, but is worth a check as they have free shipping over 100€. All the Wiggle stuff seems to be shipping from Germany now. For me at least.

by Weenie

simoncx

by simoncx

ghisallo2003 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:26 am
Anyone else have problems with Wiggle recently. They are no longer using boxes or padded envelopes and 2 of my last 3 deliveries were damaged in transit. They started off as competitive on price, reliable on delivery and with added haribos. Even the sweets were melted on my last order and they have gone a long, long way down hill.

To add insult to injury, customer service was no longer available on-line to resolve problems.
I ordered not long ago and the package came ok, it took a little longer then usual but everything was fine. Chainreaction seem to have the fastest shipping, I placed an order Sat night and had it delievered Tues morning, was a bit surprised it came that quick. Cant say the same about bikeinn, placed an order at the end of april and all the tracking states is it acceptence in Netherlands for over 3 weeks now.