Best Online Store

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

LiKuid

by LiKuid

Omiar wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:53 pm
It seems to me that pricing for outside UK/EU are without VAT at CRC site.
I looked at a random bike price with my location set to Canada, Hongkong and my real location in EU and the pricing is 1499, 1499 and 2010 respectively. So CA and HK price is much cheaper.
There is no mention of that in the website though.
Based on what the local courier told me, the UK sellers are now outside the EU and should charge prices excluding VAT. VAT should be paid locally. I understand though that i ve already paid full VAT at CRC.

Omiar wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:53 pm

Strange that you have to pay 'stocking' fee. It should be their problem if they can't process goods fast enough.
Not so strange... the customs clearence process is not the responsibility of the courier. They just have to wait in line for the state process that takes 2-3 weeks... The charges though are different per courier and sometimes they are as high as 10-20€/ day. Multiply that for 3 weeks (incl weekends) and the stocking fee can exceed the value of what you bought.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chorus88

by chorus88

I would like to order some stuff from Wiggle UK.
Which courier company will Wiggle use to send to Canada...Skynet, TRAKPAK?
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Just ordered a pair of Northwave Pros from CRC who is owned by Wiggle and for that they used DHL as I paid the duty and taxes at checkout. Otherwise they will use Skynet at least for CRC. Not sure what the deciding factor is but I have recently had Skynet handle my parcels and they have improved but again I paid the handling and duty on checkout otherwise they are a PITA.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

jspaceman

by jspaceman

Will BikeInn ship Shimano stuff to Canada? They have a good price on some Shimano SW-R9160 Di2 shifters that I would like, but I know a lot of the European retailers won't ship Shimano & SRAM stuff outside the EU.

3phase

by 3phase

jspaceman wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:42 am
Will BikeInn ship Shimano stuff to Canada? They have a good price on some Shimano SW-R9160 Di2 shifters that I would like, but I know a lot of the European retailers won't ship Shimano & SRAM stuff outside the EU.
Ordered some GRX Shifters from them (March 10), and still waiting for it. I ordered some tyres and sealant after 2 days and that got delivered already but nothing yet on the shifters. They do send a photo of the package when it was shipped and they're also not sure when its arriving. Status says "In transit to destination country..".
Hopefully it turns up next week

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Anyone know what's up with Extralite?
Their web site has been having issues all year, and their web shop appears to be gone.
I sent emails to two different Extralite addresses (used before), and both bounced back as undeliverable.
Have they shuttered?

Chirobike

by Chirobike

Well I'll toss Bellatisport in the mix. :thumbup: Before ordering I scoured the net looking for info and feedback and was a little confused by what's out there. At the time I was looking for a good price on Colnago C64 disc---found that with Bravacycles which I think is legit and no issues---however, I decided on a Cervelo S5 disc from Bellatisport b/c the price was just fantastic and in stock. :beerchug:

Based in Switzerland and it appears to be a shop for great prices on closeout or new old stock. They do have current products, too. No issues and prompt communication with Andrea Bellati-the owner. Facebook page etc. Anyway, got my S5 in about 12 days from Switzerland to Texas, door to door. No VAT, No duties/import taxes, etc. Tracking code from Swisspost carried over to USPS with full updates through to US customs, after that only on delivery. Just a great deal on a new in box frameset never opened. I would not hesitate to buy from him again. I have no idea about warranty and all that biz---worked in a shop for 8 years, been cycling for 40+ years and never warranteed anything so not a major concern for me. YMMV.
:smartass: :smartass:
Ordered lots more parts from different vendors -- most everything here on time but I will say be careful of some online retailers claiming "in stock" status when all they are doing is drop shipping from the distributor or mfg warehouse. That's fine except if the warehouse is wrong then you've been waiting on a lie essentially. Many suppliers are playing catch up now in a post covid economy.

https://www.bellatisport.com/

ImageImage

MattMay

by MattMay

UpFromOne wrote:Anyone know what's up with Extralite?
Their web site has been having issues all year, and their web shop appears to be gone.
I sent emails to two different Extralite addresses (used before), and both bounced back as undeliverable.
Have they shuttered?
I ordered a carbon Garmin holder for my Extralite Hyperstem from them last month, got here in southern Cal in a matter of days. But just checked and you’re right, shop seems to have disappeared.

Krenovian

by Krenovian

I was able to access the Extralite site and go to the shop page, place an item in the cart and go to check out. It was functioning 3 days ago and again today. Works on my end anyway.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

MattMay

by MattMay

Yep everything back now. Maybe they were updating the site for a day?

nismosr

by nismosr

Chirobike wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:39 am
Well I'll toss Bellatisport in the mix. :thumbup: Before ordering I scoured the net looking for info and feedback and was a little confused by what's out there. At the time I was looking for a good price on Colnago C64 disc---found that with Bravacycles which I think is legit and no issues---however, I decided on a Cervelo S5 disc from Bellatisport b/c the price was just fantastic and in stock. :beerchug:

Based in Switzerland and it appears to be a shop for great prices on closeout or new old stock. They do have current products, too. No issues and prompt communication with Andrea Bellati-the owner. Facebook page etc. Anyway, got my S5 in about 12 days from Switzerland to Texas, door to door. No VAT, No duties/import taxes, etc. Tracking code from Swisspost carried over to USPS with full updates through to US customs, after that only on delivery. Just a great deal on a new in box frameset never opened. I would not hesitate to buy from him again. I have no idea about warranty and all that biz---worked in a shop for 8 years, been cycling for 40+ years and never warranteed anything so not a major concern for me. YMMV.
:smartass: :smartass:
Ordered lots more parts from different vendors -- most everything here on time but I will say be careful of some online retailers claiming "in stock" status when all they are doing is drop shipping from the distributor or mfg warehouse. That's fine except if the warehouse is wrong then you've been waiting on a lie essentially. Many suppliers are playing catch up now in a post covid economy.

https://www.bellatisport.com/

ImageImage
go to know they used regular mail rather than big courier like fedex, ups or DHL or else you'll get hit with US Tax.
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

Rnoben

by Rnoben

My favorite bike shops:
R2-bike - great prices and selection and fast delivery. Good customer service, but typically takes a few days to get a response. For components my go-to shop.
Futurumshop - good prices with frequent sales and discount coupons up to 25% on all items but component selection isn't as good as above. Perfect customer service; returns up to 365 days no questions asked and lighting fast response to inquiries. For clothing my go-to shop.
Webshop.Fietsvakantiewinkel.nl - great webshop for bike backing related stuff, very competitive prices when using the Europafietser membership discount. For bike packing my go-to shop.

jencvo

by jencvo

Does anyone know if R2 Bikes will still ship Shimano to the USA? The website says "we can't ship it" but it lets the order go through. Will they just cancel the item? Some other stores like CRC or Wiggle don't even show Shimano products for example.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Merlin has been shipping Shimano to Canada no problems. Not many are shipping Shimano or Sram to NA.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jspaceman

by jspaceman

Has anyone been having trouble ordering from Sigma Sports lately? I'm trying to place an order for shipment to Canada, but when I click on the Secure Checkout button the page never loads for me to enter my payment info.

It just stays like that. I tried disabling my ad blocker and Pihole, but still nothing.