Best Online Store

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

nismosr

by nismosr

echappist wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:02 am
Does anyone know what service PBK uses for overseas shipping? I would prefer Royal Mail and not having to be broker fees.

DHL ..
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

echappist

by echappist

Understood; thanks

Fortunately, issue was resolved by contacting Santini's U.S. distributor directly. Received a discount almost on par with the prices elsewhere (and lower than that of PBK) and was able to find a pair of legwarmers, too.

jlok

by jlok

When it says DHL in Germany it doesn't always mean express courier service. More than not it means postal service via global postal union network, aka normal mail service, aka2 slow air mail.

Just try to manage your expectation.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Macriot

by Macriot

Bikebug Australia has great after sales service!

chorus88

by chorus88

Ordered from PBK on Nov2 ($180 CDN). Picked up my package from the Post Office today (Nov18) & paid $33 Duty.
Selected the "Tracked Delivery" option ($7.99 CDN) = TRAKPAK + Canada Post (sig reqd)
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Ordered a pair of the DHB winter bibs from CRC and Skynet handled it to Toronto and then Purolater from there to my hometown. So dispatched on Nov 13 and I paid $143 for my items and $42.51 for duty, shipping and taxes. Made it to my doorstep on the 18th which I thought was pretty good considering Covid and the site traffic with all the Black Friday sales going on. I was worried when I saw Skynet was handling the shipping as they have screwed up the last couple times it was in their hands but they must be getting better as no issues getting my parcels. CRC has reduced the number of options for shipping now compared to pre Covid and everytime Skynet gets ahold of parcels I end up paying them,taxes duties anyway so figured I may as well pay it before Skynet has anything to do with it.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

JayOJonson

by JayOJonson

i always end up using sigma sports

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Probike just let me put a couple Sram Red chains in my cart for shipping to Canada. They have not dispatched the items yet so until its out the door I will have to keep my fingers crossed. Normally at this point Merlin is the only one sending Shimano and Sram to Canada.

audioblazer

by audioblazer

Never ever buy from R2bike . Paid €25 for a cycling sunglasses . Added bidons for the same shipping cost . To my horror, it was delivered by normal mail & after 2 weeks still untrackable. In other words , prob still in Europe . I paid £3.99 to chapeau & it arrived within a week by Royal Mail . Wanted to buy mcfk saddle but looking at their delivery by normal postal service & was told it take at least 3-4 weeks to arrive & another 1-2 weeks for local postal service to deliver to my address, I decided to buy from mcfk direct & for the same shipping cost , it was shipped by DHL parcel & i can expect to receive within a week ! Avoid R2bike like a plague 😡

flying

by flying

I have gone more & more with CRC & Sigma but....

Recently have had some great deals via price matching at Bike Tires Direct

Their price match is via online order interface & has worked perfectly twice now.
Matched on US & one Euro shop prices no prob

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Have used R2 bike a bit as their prices, stock were great, but recentkly their shipping cost to Oz went from Euro20 to 40, which made it not so price cometitive.

After some DT350 hubs atm, and Bike24's pricing is a bit worse, but with shipping and the front hub in stock, I'll end up going with them (R2 front hub isn't available till Spring 2021 !!)

audioblazer

by audioblazer

How long did it take for your stuff to reach Oz ?

quote=MichaelB post_id=1632113 time=1607466770 user_id=8647]
Have used R2 bike a bit as their prices, stock were great, but recentkly their shipping cost to Oz went from Euro20 to 40, which made it not so price cometitive.

After some DT350 hubs atm, and Bike24's pricing is a bit worse, but with shipping and the front hub in stock, I'll end up going with them (R2 front hub isn't available till Spring 2021 !!)
[/quote]

AllOut

by AllOut

Any recommendations on which bike shop to buy a frame from with international shipping? Tough task it seems, Only direct sale brands offer that. Factor (rather not buy), Canyon (they look ugly).

To remain on topic, I've had experience with those:

Sigmasports amazing/fast shipping through DHL express, downside is too many restrictions on the middle east by dealers.
Bike24, decent prices/discounts and it ships out fast but takes forever to arrive since they use DHL "post"(?). - restrictions on shimano etc.. same as Sigma.

For some reason those companies without retailers in my country still impose ristrictions.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

It seems Louis Garneau Canada has been saved from going into receivership by another investment company out of Quebec.
https://www.bicycleretailer.com/interna ... 9PQoNhKjIU
Some others on this site have had good luck with
https://www.bellatisport.com/
@AllOut. You may want to do a search on this site for more info regarding their service as I cant personally vouch for them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AllOut

by AllOut

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:27 pm
@AllOut. You may want to do a search on this site for more info regarding their service as I cant personally vouch for them.
Thanks, seems like the owner is a nice person from the reviews I found but frames aren't in stock and a person had an issue with his penarello warranty on WW if I'm not wrong :(