Best Online Store

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Ypuh

by Ypuh

Bike24 is my favourite (out of 10+ stores I order regularly).
Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg

bruno2000

by bruno2000

https://www.deporvillage.fr/cyclisme

Deporvillage has some interesting stuff too.
Delivery is very quick.
for example I ordered a Rotor ceramic bb yesterday morning, paid with mastercard and it arrived this afternoon with DHL.
(I'm in Belgium but I suppose Deporvillage is in France?)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Orbital

by Orbital

bruno2000 wrote:https://www.deporvillage.fr/cyclisme

Deporvillage has some interesting stuff too.
Delivery is very quick.
for example I ordered a Rotor ceramic bb yesterday morning, paid with mastercard and it arrived this afternoon with DHL.
(I'm in Belgium but I suppose Deporvillage is in France?)
Had never heard of them before but they seam to come up a lot when searching for items recently. Are they a new vendor?

nismosr

by nismosr

who has the best price on Campagnolo EPS 12 speed ?
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

mendiz

by mendiz

Bike24 , no question, they use DHL Express, like R2bike, excellent too with pics of weight weenie components. DHL parcel is much more slow. Also good experience with Bikeshop, Merlincycles, Dolanbikes, Deporvillage, Cycletyres. Sci-con, the fastest shipping all time.
You don´t stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding.

Point

by Point

I’m personally a bit disappointed with R2-bike at the moment. Ordered a groupset but the order wasn’t updated after several days to say it was posted. After contacting them they told me the front derailleur wasn’t in stock, they’d ordered it and it’ll be est 2 weeks wait. Even though the website stated the groupset (and even the separate items) were in stock.
I wasn’t informed of any of this and had to contact them myself to find out why the delay.

Now waiting to see if the items I ordered turn up as and when.
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Anyone have any purchasing experience with a shop called Hibike out of Germany? I was desperately seeking the Northwave adaptor kit for the Speedplay pedals and they were one of the few who had it instock and shipping to Canada via DHL Premium. They look legit so I purchased that and a Craft Polo shirt onsale to make the shipping cost more worth my while if thats even a possibility.

https://www.hibike.com
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

waltthizzney

by waltthizzney

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/3486078

Aliexpress has the best price for Shimano parts by far....

Shipping is quick and cheap with UPS and there is never any duty, probably grey market but whatever, I have bought 6800 and r7000 both from this store, flawless.

bosstja

by bosstja

bikeboy1tr wrote:Anyone have any purchasing experience with a shop called Hibike out of Germany? I was desperately seeking the Northwave adaptor kit for the Speedplay pedals and they were one of the few who had it instock and shipping to Canada via DHL Premium. They look legit so I purchased that and a Craft Polo shirt onsale to make the shipping cost more worth my while if thats even a possibility.

https://www.hibike.com
Already ordered from them, no problems.

Has anybodyhad any experience with Czech online shop https://www.biketone.cz?

IvanZg

by IvanZg

bosstja wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:17 am
Has anybodyhad any experience with Czech online shop https://www.biketone.cz?
The process is that you put an item to your cart and they send you quotation for the item together with shipping fee. They offer payment only trough bank transfer. Also delivery time for me was rather long. So all of that put together adds lots of time for an item to be delivered so did not go with them at the end.
This is how it works when ordering outside CZ. Not sure if it differs if you order locally.

Omiar

by Omiar

Point wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:33 am
I’m personally a bit disappointed with R2-bike at the moment. Ordered a groupset but the order wasn’t updated after several days to say it was posted. After contacting them they told me the front derailleur wasn’t in stock, they’d ordered it and it’ll be est 2 weeks wait. Even though the website stated the groupset (and even the separate items) were in stock.
I wasn’t informed of any of this and had to contact them myself to find out why the delay.

Now waiting to see if the items I ordered turn up as and when.
Its a problem of shortage due to COVID19. I have access to wholesale warehouses and when also looking at retail stores, the problem is obvious. Only very big online shops like bike24.com seem to have the possibility to stock large quantities and all smaller shops struggle to keep all the single components of every groupset in stock.
In case of Shimano, I see new stock arrival dates as late as February and even March 2021.
Cannondale SystemSix R8170
Trek Checkpoint SL5 MY2022

Point

by Point

Oh I totally understand that. It was the lack of transparency in the situation that annoyed me. The whole groupset was stated as in stock (a recent update on their website as they'd obviously received stock), I made an order, waited a week with no contact for me to have to enquire as to why the order was taking so long to ship. I was (quickly) informed that the FD was out of stock, fair enough as you say, Covid has played havoc on manufacture and supply which I totally understand. R2 stated the FD would be with them within a week (the first time), 1 week passes and more correspondence only to be told there must be some error and it'll be another week for sure. Another week passes and no update, after contacting R2 I was told the FD would be in stock est late October, 2 months after the original order. The smoke and mirrors and blatant lying is what annoyed me.
Road - Burls Custom Ti
All Year - Rove ST
Gravel - Carbonda CFR 696
Instagram

Mascalzone

by Mascalzone

Point wrote:Agreed we need a Worst/Use with caution post.

I've just about reached my tether with Wiggle. What an absolute joke.
I get it, everything has been effected by Covid. But that still doesn't excuse a massive company like Wiggle having poor stock, atrocious and lacklustre customer service and just generally everything being tits up.

I (stupidly) paid for Wiggle+ (annual next day delivery subscription), but it seems their website blocks you from using the service with a Voucher Code given to you. So essentially, you're then exptected to pay the £4.99 delivery charge. So many issues, not worth it.

PBK, Bike24 (although slightly slow delivery), Bike Discount, Evans, Tredz and Tweeks are my current go to's.
Wiggle have seriously dropped the ball in recent years, used to be the go to only shop for me and now I hardly use them. I did recently make an order though, they just happen to be the only ones who stocked an item I needed. Ended up ordering a few other bits too and then today I received multiple emails saying the order was cancelled, the items had been sent back to them. I was refunded each item but not the the $27aud delivery fee.

I know all my details are right so it’s their fault or their mail service. Waiting for a response to my angry email demanding a delivery fee refund...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

roadman

by roadman

Best are Bike24, Sigma Sports, Wiggle/CRC, Mantel.

Worst are Deporvillage and Bikeinn (extremely slow shipping; paid the DHL express £12.99 and informed two weeks later yet to ship). Avoid.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

echappist

by echappist

Does anyone know what service PBK uses for overseas shipping? I would prefer Royal Mail and not having to be broker fees.