John/Juanmoretime gone?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ms6073

by ms6073

Maddie wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:22 am
May I advise not to check the latest rim vs. disc brakes thread? From time to time, people don't behave in there ImageImage
Same could be said for the new Dura Ace thread.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

SpeedyChix

by SpeedyChix

Juanmoretime wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:12 am
After a two year hiatus from this site I am back. Hopefully everyone has learned to ride their bikes and to be adults and not argue on the internet, Differences in opinion are natural and acceptable, not personal attacks made on people because you did not like something.

For two years I enjoyed Family, including 3.25 grandchildren. Married for 37 years and have less than 8 months until my retirement and then life really starts.

Let the rock throwing begin!

Respectfully,

Juan
Great to see your post. Your contributions here are always great.
adrenaline junkie

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alistaird

by alistaird

Juanmoretime wrote:After a two year hiatus from this site I am back. Hopefully everyone has learned to ride their bikes and to be adults and not argue on the internet, Differences in opinion are natural and acceptable, not personal attacks made on people because you did not like something.

For two years I enjoyed Family, including 3.25 grandchildren. Married for 37 years and have less than 8 months until my retirement and then life really starts.

Let the rock throwing begin!

Respectfully,

Juan
Welcome back... I dip in and out of this forum, usually when I need good technical information and it's contributors like you that make this place for me!!

A

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Phiieuuw he's back ... 8)

robertbb

by robertbb

Welcome back. Really felt the place went downhill in previous years. Only now (cautiously) dipping my toe back in the water after a hiatus.

Hope you'll be better at keeping some of those narcissist, trigger-happy mods in line. They really need it.

micky

by micky

liam7020

by liam7020

From one old git to another - welcome back!!!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Thank you to all. At this point I'm only a member. I think those that were above me where not happy I deleted all my posts. I was pretty upset when I did it and wanted a total disconnect from the site. I've grown since and will have time to be here since I stop work in less than 8 month. The start of really living! I hope to be able to contribute and where else is the cutting edge on whats going on inovatively in cycling? Here.
Last edited by Juanmoretime on Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

misteryellow

by misteryellow

So this thread is full of people complaining that WW has gone downhill, but isn't the question how we can make WW a great place again?
''Just because something is possible, doesn't mean it's a good idea. It will add unnecessary complexity with little, if any, real benefit. Part of the beauty of this sport is the lack of hand holding & arse wiping.'' - ultimobici

flying

by flying

misteryellow wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:40 am
So this thread is full of people complaining that WW has gone downhill, but isn't the question how we can make WW a great place again?
Well I did not think it went downhill much... but what made WW famous? Weight listings...aka WW site had weight listings...might be a nice feature to regain
After all it was member fueled so I am not sure why the system has been defunct for so long

These days many now claim weight now matters not & its all aero & disc brakes weight also dont matter because they are the stopping hand of god yada yada yada :lol:

Kidding aside I hope you enjoy the forum as I said I never thought it went downhill but folks have become less tolerant perhaps due to stress etc

robertbb

by robertbb

Of course it went downhill!

A few names hijacking almost every thread with their own vehement opinions and misleading information, usually centered on "my choice of equipment is the absolute bestest"... derailing threads, then when called out for it... running and crying poor to the mods who would ban with zero investigation, zero warning and zero accessibility afterwards to explain why. Worse when it was a mod doing it in the first place.

Turned into a real shitshow there for a while. We'll see what it's like moving forward.

Berzin1

by Berzin1

The actual reason the site has gone downhill (if you happen to be of the opinion) is that cycling components have been assimilated into the corporate structure of every big-name bike manufacturer, so there is less innovation because they now make proprietary parts for all their frames.

And every single frame looks like it's made by the same company in the same Asian factory. The Cycling as a whole has become homogenized, monotonous and repetetive. So really, what is there to talk about?

Go to the new Dura-Ace thread to see. Three hundred-plus pages of absolute drivel.

Arky

by Arky

I joined up in the late 00s. I remember people saying the forum is not like it used to be at that time. In 07 there was not much drillium going on.

I always want the best equipment a I can afford. At that time, I had a family of four living on my mechanical engineer income. Not in poverty, but I could not just buy everything I wanted. This site is always helpful determining what the best is. We have virtually no unbiased professional reviews in this business, except for DCR for electronics. Magazine reviews are hard to trust. However, a chorus of ww‘ers saying the new CAAD10 is the bees knees sent me to my Cannondale dealer.

I am surprised there are not more playing with composites on this site. Room temperature cure epoxies are out there, carbon materials plentiful, and volumes of YouTube to get started with.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Welcome back Juan. I too took a break. And for what it's worth, subsections like 'training' are still as good - and as bad - as they ever were :lol:

Chortle though at all those having a pop at the mods. It's the prime definition of a thankless task, posts deriding them a true case in point.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

FWIW, I'm glad to see the both of you back.

Never understood why different opinions bring on so much hate. Not just here too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com