John/Juanmoretime gone?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

robertbb

by robertbb

Tinea Pedis wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:09 am
Welcome back Juan. I too took a break. And for what it's worth, subsections like 'training' are still as good - and as bad - as they ever were :lol:

Chortle though at all those having a pop at the mods. It's the prime definition of a thankless task, posts deriding them a true case in point.
Chortle away - without understanding what has gone on though you're chortling on your own my fellow Victorian.

Just because some abuse their power "for free" doesn't warrant a thank you :roll:

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

rob, folks on here feel the quality has left WW. Which in terms of chasing weight savings, I'll agree. The glory days that I caught the tail ends of are gone. I recall spending days going through old posts and marvelling at what was being created. Debatable if any new members do much of that now.

Why I stepped away - both from contributing and, in part, as helping out as a mod - are attitudes like yours. The idea that mods are perfect arbiters whose decisions will please every person on here is a standard that is impossible to meet. Yet there are those, like you, that hold it. Online of course. None of this would be said face to face.

I cannot fathom why die hards, like yourself, want to continue citing past examples of being 'wronged on the internet'. If you want the quality of the conversation to improve be that change. Stop with this vindictiveness and keyboard warrior style and help WW be a better place.

Butcher wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:38 pm
FWIW, I'm glad to see the both of you back.

Never understood why different opinions bring on so much hate. Not just here too.
Cheers Butcher, same goes. And certainly agree. Always admired crew like Starnut who could disagree and point out how someone might be mistaken without it ever turning into too much of a shemozzle. At least on my return it seems like aero gains have been accepted. Now it seems it's still rim Vs disc brake. Ha

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Etienne

by Etienne

Butcher wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:38 pm
Never understood why different opinions bring on so much hate. Not just here too.
Just because it's easier and faster to hate than to think ...

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

It's understanding.

It does take some time to listen and understand someones point of view. I think people don't want to go down that rabbit hole because they may find that their opinion will change. I'm always fascinated how people think and come up with their conclusions. Especially when two people see the same thing and walk away with two opposite facts.

The other thing I find fascinating is why people don't agree with me. I know I'm always right. :P

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Butcher wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:48 pm

The other thing I find fascinating is why people don't agree with me. I know I'm always right. :P
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken :lol:

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Tinea Pedis wrote:I recall spending days going through old posts and marvelling at what was being created. Debatable if any new members do much of that now.
Still do that all the time, great for inspiration and seeing what’s possible.

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

[quote="Tinea Pedis" post_id=1702166 time=1631316755 user_id=11354]
[quote=Butcher post_id=1702128 time=1631292499 user_id=14615]

[/quote]
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken :lol:
[/quote]

I understand. I'm always right unless I'm wrong. If you ask my wife I'm always wrong. :up:

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

robbosmans wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:10 am
Tinea Pedis wrote:I recall spending days going through old posts and marvelling at what was being created. Debatable if any new members do much of that now.
Still do that all the time, great for inspiration and seeing what’s possible.
That's excellent to hear. Honestly, the value hidden in the old threads of this place is almost worthy of the Smithsonian.