Virus And Riding.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Locked
TobinHatesYou
Posts: 10538
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm

by TobinHatesYou

Nobody knows who is at risk of serious illness from COVID. Literally every doctor in my family is pro-pro-pro vaccine and thinks third doses / boosters should be administered earlier than the CDC's 8-month recommendation here in the US.

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



ico
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:20 pm
Location: on the border

by ico

Yes potentially everyone, but people aged 60 years and over, and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart and lung problems, diabetes, obesity or cancer, are at higher risk of developing serious illness. Stated by WHO.

TobinHatesYou
Posts: 10538
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm

by TobinHatesYou

Claiming that vaccinated people are more frequently spreading the virus is utter nonsense based on what we know about the various vaccines’ efficacies. Not only are vaccinated less likely to be infected with COVID, they are also less likely to spread viral particles because most will be asymptomatic.

The only reason why vaccinated individuals would spread COVID more often is due to a higher percentage of the population being vaccinated. At some point it’s just a numbers game. Of course if 99% (hypothetically) are vaccinated, then the vast majority of vectors would be vaccinated individuals. Hypothetically speaking, COVID would also die out if that were the case.

TK421
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 2:02 pm

by TK421

Mr.Gib wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:45 am
mdeth1313 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:49 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:19 pm
mdeth1313 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:54 pm
...and if covid caused people to go blind, everyone would be lining up for their shot(s).
We'd all like to think so but the evidence so far suggests that on this topic we over-estimate the capacity of a significant portion of human species. In such a scenario, what are the odds that a good percentage of the population in certain parts of the world would absolutely insist that it's the vaccination that causes the blindness? Pretty high I'm guessing. FFS 2.3% of Americans believe the earth is flat! https://www.insider.com/here-are-the-un ... ost-2019-7 . That's the US - a relatively prosperous and well educated society, imagine a less enlightened society. :shock:
Perhaps you're not following my logic. If the original covid outbreak - before vaccines caused blindness (or had the severity of smallpox or polio - something like that) then people would be lining up.
I followed your logic and you're probably right. But I remain amazed at the bizarre stuff that people believe. That's what I was getting at. But we should forget our conversation and focus on this:
TK421 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:40 pm
Wait a minute! What makes you think you can point your finger at people in other counties and call them stupid? Just because some folks are more sceptical of this Covid hoax and refuse to inject themselves with a drug that neither works, nor has been proven with the test of time, are classified as stupid? Look at Israel for example, even the vaccinated get it. People should have the right to chose and decide for themselves. People in some parts of the world have seen tougher times, including things worse than this Covid, which is just a flu with death rates much lower than normal diseases that the humanity battles for ages. Not to mention the authoritarian/communist fashion in which this vaccine is mandated. If the vaccination rate of a country is what you consider a 'good' or 'developed' country then I am truly sorry for your existence!
@TK421, what makes me think that I can point my finger at other people and call them stupid is that they are stupid. They have demonstrated that they are incabable of balanced processing (look it up) which renders them literally unable to distiguish reality from fantasy. Nothing surprising or unusual about this, it is simply part of the human condition and I accept it completely, but I still get to call them stupid. You seem pretty worked up about this - I think you just outed yourself :lol: :lol: . I quite honestly expect that the next thing you will do is ask me to prove that the earth is round. :P
You seem to have quite a grudge against the Bulgarians. Why is that, what have they done to you? Shouldn't a country/nation/individual have the freedom to make it's own choices? Or perhaps you're one of these narrow minded, brain washed and institutionalised Anglo-Saxon morons that won't accept other people opinions and choices in life especially if they don't follow the only narrative the globalist media outlets want you to believe? You guys have quite a rich history of destroying countries and killing millions with your bombs of democracy if nations don't toe the line. Perhaps you should bomb the Bulgarians now because they don't want to get injected with a dodgy vaccine? Hey, Sweden didn't do lockdown ...how about calling them stupid or else?
If having 15 jabs makes you feel like a better person or if you belive the government's nonsense that wearing masks is safer and does anything then good for you. Wear them at home if you wish..in the bathroom, in your car and on the bike if you want.

romanmoser
Posts: 561
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 8:30 pm

by romanmoser

not yet vaxx
not against vaxxs usually , been a cobaye of free will from times to time

but I can't help to wonder
what happenned to "" my body my choice " ?

spud
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:52 am

by spud

TK421 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:00 pm
Mr.Gib wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:45 am
mdeth1313 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:49 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:19 pm

We'd all like to think so but the evidence so far suggests that on this topic we over-estimate the capacity of a significant portion of human species. In such a scenario, what are the odds that a good percentage of the population in certain parts of the world would absolutely insist that it's the vaccination that causes the blindness? Pretty high I'm guessing. FFS 2.3% of Americans believe the earth is flat! https://www.insider.com/here-are-the-un ... ost-2019-7 . That's the US - a relatively prosperous and well educated society, imagine a less enlightened society. :shock:
Perhaps you're not following my logic. If the original covid outbreak - before vaccines caused blindness (or had the severity of smallpox or polio - something like that) then people would be lining up.
I followed your logic and you're probably right. But I remain amazed at the bizarre stuff that people believe. That's what I was getting at. But we should forget our conversation and focus on this:
TK421 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:40 pm
Wait a minute! What makes you think you can point your finger at people in other counties and call them stupid? Just because some folks are more sceptical of this Covid hoax and refuse to inject themselves with a drug that neither works, nor has been proven with the test of time, are classified as stupid? Look at Israel for example, even the vaccinated get it. People should have the right to chose and decide for themselves. People in some parts of the world have seen tougher times, including things worse than this Covid, which is just a flu with death rates much lower than normal diseases that the humanity battles for ages. Not to mention the authoritarian/communist fashion in which this vaccine is mandated. If the vaccination rate of a country is what you consider a 'good' or 'developed' country then I am truly sorry for your existence!
@TK421, what makes me think that I can point my finger at other people and call them stupid is that they are stupid. They have demonstrated that they are incabable of balanced processing (look it up) which renders them literally unable to distiguish reality from fantasy. Nothing surprising or unusual about this, it is simply part of the human condition and I accept it completely, but I still get to call them stupid. You seem pretty worked up about this - I think you just outed yourself :lol: :lol: . I quite honestly expect that the next thing you will do is ask me to prove that the earth is round. :P
You seem to have quite a grudge against the Bulgarians. Why is that, what have they done to you? Shouldn't a country/nation/individual have the freedom to make it's own choices? Or perhaps you're one of these narrow minded, brain washed and institutionalised Anglo-Saxon morons that won't accept other people opinions and choices in life especially if they don't follow the only narrative the globalist media outlets want you to believe? You guys have quite a rich history of destroying countries and killing millions with your bombs of democracy if nations don't toe the line. Perhaps you should bomb the Bulgarians now because they don't want to get injected with a dodgy vaccine? Hey, Sweden didn't do lockdown ...how about calling them stupid or else?
If having 15 jabs makes you feel like a better person or if you belive the government's nonsense that wearing masks is safer and does anything then good for you. Wear them at home if you wish..in the bathroom, in your car and on the bike if you want.
One major flaw in your logic - trained medical professionals are the ones recommending vax and masks. Governments that recommend same are following the advice of professionals who actually know what they are talking about. The same professionals may change recommendations to some degree, based on data, rather than rhetoric.

But maybe you are comfortable flying transatlantic in an airplane designed and built by a high school dropout, and having an appendectory performed by the local counselman in his garage.

the people that compose the army of anti vaxxers are NOT storming the F-ing beach at Normandy. They are not freedom loving heroes. They've made a decision, based on flawed il/logic, to help keep the top spinning.

Orbital
Posts: 389
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:52 am
Location: Pitt Meadows, BC

by Orbital

romanmoser wrote:not yet vaxx
not against vaxxs usually , been a cobaye of free will from times to time

but I can't help to wonder
what happenned to "" my body my choice " ?
You absolutely have the choice. No one should say otherwise. But take responsibility for making that choice. Here in western Canada if you aren’t vaccinated, you are restricted from non essential services. Services you do not have a right to. It’s fair.

Just north of where I am, fully 2/3 of healthcare workers have quit from burnout because of the burden Covid has put on the system. Yesterday a 70
Y/o woman died in an emergency room waiting room.

ghostinthemachine
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 9:18 pm

by ghostinthemachine

TK421 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:00 pm
Hey, Sweden didn't do lockdown ...how about calling them stupid or else?
Errr, i've been working from home pretty much continually for 18 months. I'm advised to shop on my own to cut down on headcount in the stores and almost ALL our family activities have been cancelled due to limitations on maximum size of gathering. My local supermarket is only allowed to have 340 people in it at a time.

So no, we haven't had a lock down, but outside a few f**king idiots who think they are invulnerable, we've probably been more locked down than many countries who've actually had a lockdown.

ghostinthemachine
Posts: 732
Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 9:18 pm

by ghostinthemachine

ico wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:37 am
I disagree that doctors almost universally recommending vaccination.
A few hundred very loud medical professionals ranting on the internet Vs the rest of the profession is, essentially, universal recommendation.

(many of those ranting aren't actually bonafide medical professionals, but that's another issue altogether)

TK421
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 2:02 pm

by TK421

Orbital wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:50 pm
romanmoser wrote:not yet vaxx
not against vaxxs usually , been a cobaye of free will from times to time

but I can't help to wonder
what happenned to "" my body my choice " ?
You absolutely have the choice. No one should say otherwise. But take responsibility for making that choice. Here in western Canada if you aren’t vaccinated, you are restricted from non essential services. Services you do not have a right to. It’s fair.

Just north of where I am, fully 2/3 of healthcare workers have quit from burnout because of the burden Covid has put on the system. Yesterday a 70
Y/o woman died in an emergency room waiting room.
But take responsibility for making that choice. Here in western Canada if you aren’t vaccinated, you are restricted from non essential services. Services you do not have a right to. It’s fair. - Utterly absurd! How's that fair or a choice even?

User avatar
Mr.Gib
Posts: 4927
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Location: eh?

by Mr.Gib

romanmoser wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:30 pm
what happenned to "" my body my choice " ?
Well that's where the misunderstanding lies. It's not your body, it's the body of everyone around us that we may make sick of kill if we do not do our part to protect them. There was a time when people would go to war with a very high chance of dying for the sole purpose of protecting the lives of their fellow citizens. Now we have a group of cowards who won't even endure a sore arm for a few days to protect their neighbours.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

TK421
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 2:02 pm

by TK421

spud wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:49 pm
TK421 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:00 pm
Mr.Gib wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:45 am
mdeth1313 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:49 am


Perhaps you're not following my logic. If the original covid outbreak - before vaccines caused blindness (or had the severity of smallpox or polio - something like that) then people would be lining up.
I followed your logic and you're probably right. But I remain amazed at the bizarre stuff that people believe. That's what I was getting at. But we should forget our conversation and focus on this:
TK421 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:40 pm
Wait a minute! What makes you think you can point your finger at people in other counties and call them stupid? Just because some folks are more sceptical of this Covid hoax and refuse to inject themselves with a drug that neither works, nor has been proven with the test of time, are classified as stupid? Look at Israel for example, even the vaccinated get it. People should have the right to chose and decide for themselves. People in some parts of the world have seen tougher times, including things worse than this Covid, which is just a flu with death rates much lower than normal diseases that the humanity battles for ages. Not to mention the authoritarian/communist fashion in which this vaccine is mandated. If the vaccination rate of a country is what you consider a 'good' or 'developed' country then I am truly sorry for your existence!
@TK421, what makes me think that I can point my finger at other people and call them stupid is that they are stupid. They have demonstrated that they are incabable of balanced processing (look it up) which renders them literally unable to distiguish reality from fantasy. Nothing surprising or unusual about this, it is simply part of the human condition and I accept it completely, but I still get to call them stupid. You seem pretty worked up about this - I think you just outed yourself :lol: :lol: . I quite honestly expect that the next thing you will do is ask me to prove that the earth is round. :P
You seem to have quite a grudge against the Bulgarians. Why is that, what have they done to you? Shouldn't a country/nation/individual have the freedom to make it's own choices? Or perhaps you're one of these narrow minded, brain washed and institutionalised Anglo-Saxon morons that won't accept other people opinions and choices in life especially if they don't follow the only narrative the globalist media outlets want you to believe? You guys have quite a rich history of destroying countries and killing millions with your bombs of democracy if nations don't toe the line. Perhaps you should bomb the Bulgarians now because they don't want to get injected with a dodgy vaccine? Hey, Sweden didn't do lockdown ...how about calling them stupid or else?
If having 15 jabs makes you feel like a better person or if you belive the government's nonsense that wearing masks is safer and does anything then good for you. Wear them at home if you wish..in the bathroom, in your car and on the bike if you want.
One major flaw in your logic - trained medical professionals are the ones recommending vax and masks. Governments that recommend same are following the advice of professionals who actually know what they are talking about. The same professionals may change recommendations to some degree, based on data, rather than rhetoric.

But maybe you are comfortable flying transatlantic in an airplane designed and built by a high school dropout, and having an appendectory performed by the local counselman in his garage.

the people that compose the army of anti vaxxers are NOT storming the F-ing beach at Normandy. They are not freedom loving heroes. They've made a decision, based on flawed il/logic, to help keep the top spinning.
I would happily mask up and get jabbed IF any of this was making any little bit of sense or logic! So far the agenda from politicians and governments is complete and utter nonsese and applies only to us - the plebs! You do what you're told and you have no right to express opinion different from the common narrative! Your attitude is perfect example for that - beat up everyone that dares questioning!
A lot of high-profile politicians/celebrities have been caught not respecting the very rules they unlawfully enforce onto people - a very vivid case recently from Australia's PM! Ahhhhh, yes I know them 'professors' and top notch 'scientists', the same ones that are compliant, non-independent and filtered by the media and government right?

User avatar
Mr.Gib
Posts: 4927
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Location: eh?

by Mr.Gib

TK421 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:00 pm
You seem to have quite a grudge against the Bulgarians.
I have no grudge against Bulgaria or Bulgarians. I have never even met a Bulgarian. It should be obvious that my ire is reserved not for the people of Bulgaria but rather for their media personalities, health care administration, and the leadership of the country. The average citizen in Bulgaria has zero ability to control the situation so your conclusion like much of what you have posted here is not logical. In fact I expressed symphathy for the people. Witness the bold in this quote:
Mr.Gib wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:55 am
Well, you know a hell of a lot more than they do in Bulgaria - 15% vaccination rate. Even Idaho is over 40%. In Bulgaria 30% of doctors and 60% of nurses are not vaccinated. The medical schools in Bulgaria do not teach about infectious diseases. The only thing that will surpass their excess stupidity will be their excess deaths this fall. They have doctors who regularely appear on talk shows who advise against vaccination for people with medical conditions that would place those people at the top of the vaccination priority list in any real country. And they believe they are part of Europe. Easy enough to add it to the list of places never to visit but gotta feel for the people there. They've got no chance. Shocking.
It's common knowledge that condemnation of a "country" is a dig at leadership, not the citizenry. If the citizenry is to be criticized than the target would be Bulgarian "culture". Depending on your experience with literature and journalism, and your reading proficiency, this may seem very subtle but it is not. Here endith the lesson, try to keep up.

And finally, my question "are you Bulgarian?" following your bizarre rant, was clearly humour, and good humour if I may say so myself.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Orbital
Posts: 389
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:52 am
Location: Pitt Meadows, BC

by Orbital

TK421 wrote:
Orbital wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:50 pm
romanmoser wrote:not yet vaxx
not against vaxxs usually , been a cobaye of free will from times to time

but I can't help to wonder
what happenned to "" my body my choice " ?
You absolutely have the choice. No one should say otherwise. But take responsibility for making that choice. Here in western Canada if you aren’t vaccinated, you are restricted from non essential services. Services you do not have a right to. It’s fair.

Just north of where I am, fully 2/3 of healthcare workers have quit from burnout because of the burden Covid has put on the system. Yesterday a 70
Y/o woman died in an emergency room waiting room.
But take responsibility for making that choice. Here in western Canada if you aren’t vaccinated, you are restricted from non essential services. Services you do not have a right to. It’s fair. - Utterly absurd! How's that fair or a choice even?
Maybe you don’t understand what is essential and nonessential.

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



TobinHatesYou
Posts: 10538
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm

by TobinHatesYou

TK421 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:24 pm

But take responsibility for making that choice. Here in western Canada if you aren’t vaccinated, you are restricted from non essential services. Services you do not have a right to. It’s fair. - Utterly absurd! How's that fair or a choice even?

Eating at a restaurant is not a public/social service. Going to an Oilers game is not a public/social service. You choose to endanger others around you and you accept the consequences of private enterprise. Welcome to capitalism and what freedom actually looks like. In the US, a business can deny you service based on your political views or stance on vaccines. It cannot deny you service based on your race, religion or gender.

It can deny you service if your religion doesn't permit you to be vaccinated.

Locked