Virus And Riding.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Orbital

by Orbital

Sooooo…. Do you have a PhD? Or are you the other side of that graphic?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The wrong side of history (at least in the US) is probably the one with the large number of white supremacists / neo-nazis / Confederate flag wavers / etc. Just a hunch. The ones who talk about freedom, but want to control women’s bodies. The ones who constantly need a new bogeyman to elicit fear among its constituents…whether it’s China, transpeople, immigrants, vaccines or teaching racism is bad in schools.

Andrew69

by Andrew69

Orbital wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:37 pm
Sooooo…. Do you have a PhD? Or are you the other side of that graphic?
Everyone should be "somewhat vaccine hesitant" (which is the question asked in that graphic)
The difference between anti-vaxxers and the rest of society is that the majority accept that the research has been done and the benefits of the vaccine outweigh the negatives (every vaccine, drug, etc has negative side effects) and their concerns have been addressed
Last edited by Andrew69 on Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew69

by Andrew69

Second dose of Pfizer yesterday afternoon
The sun still rose this morning, my wife still looks hot and I still went out for a ride. So far so good.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

That's an interesting post from OnTheRivet, so interesting in fact that it made me suspicious. While it doesn't deserve an investment of time to look at raw data, I was curious to know the correlation between education and vaccination. And here's what I found:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ ... -1.6063373
It's confined to a single province but the sample size is substantial and should produce similar results in many locations. Bottom line is that education is positively correlated to vaccination rate. This doesn't completely disagree with the report in the UnHerd/Post. That data in part shows much the same thing. Note also that vaccine hesitancy is not nearly as meaningful as actual vaccine rate as far as policy guidence goes.

But of course most fascinating of all is the decision to post that complete non-sequitur graphic of the evolving American political spectrum. I mean WTF? Serves you right for being an Elizabeth Warren fan. What'd you think was going to happen? And just so you know, the political spectrum does not grow. It has always and will always include the full range from extreme left to extreme right (a circle is in fact a better metaphor but I don't want to blow your mind). It is possible that people move around on it and any portion of it may become more populated depending on time and place, but it does not grow. You either moved or you are in the same place. It doesn't move underneath you.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

First Pfizer dose gave me a sore injection site and I woke up the next day with dry-mouth. The second dose gave me no side-effects whatsoever. Rode my bike, hard, both days.

spud

by spud

OnTheRivet wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:19 pm
And I'll leave this thread with this.
https://www.internationalcovidsummit.com/
Interesting graphic, but ultimately not useful. First off, PhDs comprise less than 1.5% of the population of the US. By percentage, High school and some college rate 15% more hesitant, and the gross numbers absolutely dwarf the pool of PhDs. So they have far greater effect on the vaccination rates in the US. But beyond that, are we to assume that the high school/some college people share similar insights to the PhDs?

As for PhDs, I will only guess that their sense of academic rigor requires a greater sample size and lateral/longitudinal studies to ABSOLUTELY nail down that there are no risks of vax. But that doesn't absolve them of responsibility to help contain an immense health threat.

ico

by ico

One's sored injection site or someone's else wife isn't the core of the debate, maybe for some... be happy, but I will leave you with some good read from Czech ex-president, maybe you get the point https://www.institutvk.cz/clanky/1750.html

I hope you are still free to read in Canada (except Asterix and Tintin etc) https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/18 ... rio-canada

basilic

by basilic

ico, you know who Klaus is, but most people don't, so a public service note:
Klaus claims climate change is a communist hoax, he vetoed anti-discrimination legistaltion in his country, amnistied all his corrupt friends (he was charged with high treason by the senate), admires Putin and thinks Ukraine doesn't deserve independece from Russia, etc. Minor central european Trump.

ghostinthemachine

by ghostinthemachine

LOL, I'm in the "vaccine hesitant" group.
So what did I do? I spent a couple of days reviewing reports from multiple sources (actual reports, with words, and references, peer reviewed. Not blog posts from "influencers".)
And made a decision.

ghostinthemachine

by ghostinthemachine

Vaxxed up to the eyeballs. I'm now magnetic, emitting 5G waves and my DNA had been subtly altered, so I can now leap small buildings. As long as I have a run up.

Marin

by Marin

ghostinthemachine wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:47 pm
Vaxxed up to the eyeballs. I'm now magnetic, emitting 5G waves and my DNA had been subtly altered, so I can now leap small buildings. As long as I have a run up.
:thumbup:

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

How's Australia doing these days?

synchronicity

by synchronicity

We are still in lockdown. But you can still exercise outside.
vertebrae | Precision braking and shifting.
vayakora | Eco mouse mats: silk, linen, cotton, ramie, bamboo, etc.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com