Virus And Riding.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Locked
MoPho
Posts: 767
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: NorCal

by MoPho

I'm cool as long as I can sue strangers and those that help them for $10k + legal costs if they break quarrantine :roll:

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



User avatar
Mr.Gib
Posts: 5626
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Location: eh?

by Mr.Gib

nickf wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:56 pm
... But I'm an American so what do I know.
Well, you know a hell of a lot more than they do in Bulgaria - 15% vaccination rate. Even Idaho is over 40%. In Bulgaria 30% of doctors and 60% of nurses are not vaccinated. The medical schools in Bulgaria do not teach about infectious diseases. The only thing that will surpass their excess stupidity will be their excess deaths this fall. They have doctors who regularely appear on talk shows who advise against vaccination for people with medical conditions that would place those people at the top of the vaccination priority list in any real country. And they believe they are part of Europe. Easy enough to add it to the list of places never to visit but gotta feel for the people there. They've got no chance. Shocking.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

ico
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:20 pm
Location: on the border

by ico

Mr.Gib wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:31 am
ico wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:03 am
Heartbraking? That's what you wish for, that's what you were advocating, or you didn't think that far?
Does anyone understand what this means? Baffling, weird, and angry all at once. Perhaps it amounts to nothing more than a testament to the variety of humans that occupy this planet. Keeps things interesting at least. :noidea:
I'm talking about the Covid restrictions you were advocating and caused the situation you described. Just go few pages back. What' s not to understand?

User avatar
Mr.Gib
Posts: 5626
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Location: eh?

by Mr.Gib

ico wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:39 pm
Mr.Gib wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:31 am
ico wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:03 am
Heartbraking? That's what you wish for, that's what you were advocating, or you didn't think that far?
Does anyone understand what this means? Baffling, weird, and angry all at once. Perhaps it amounts to nothing more than a testament to the variety of humans that occupy this planet. Keeps things interesting at least. :noidea:
I'm talking about the Covid restrictions you were advocating and caused the situation you described. Just go few pages back. What' s not to understand?
Maybe help me out. Perhaps provide a quote. I don't recall advocating restrictions of any sort - you mean like banning international travel? On the contrary I would have wished my recent international travel was far less complicated. And I hope restrictions don't keep me away from Europe next year - I really want to ride in Spain. I've only done a bit of riding there and want more. No, I am definitely against any restrictions on travel if people are vaccinated, that and masking in certain settings makes it possible for people to continue with their livelihoods.

OK, I'll sit here and wait for you to provide a quote of my advocacy of restrictions. tap, tap, tap.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

ico
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:20 pm
Location: on the border

by ico

You just said that again, no need to quote the above post.

Vaccination, masks, lockdowns and all restriction are the reason that:
Italy is empty and silent. Zero tourists, only Italians checking out their own country and very few at that. Normally this area would be swarming with busloads of tourists at this time of year. Roads are empty and silent, town squares are nearly deserted. People are noticeably subdued and a little sad relative to my other times in Italy. It's a bit heartbreaking.

Marin
Posts: 4035
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:48 am
Location: Vienna Austria

by Marin

ico wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:33 am
You just said that again, no need to quote the above post.

Vaccination, masks, lockdowns and all restriction are the reason that:
Italy is empty and silent. Zero tourists, only Italians checking out their own country and very few at that. Normally this area would be swarming with busloads of tourists at this time of year. Roads are empty and silent, town squares are nearly deserted. People are noticeably subdued and a little sad relative to my other times in Italy. It's a bit heartbreaking.
Yea totally. My brother traveled to a wedding in Brescia from Vienna this past weekend, and 2 of my friends did family vacations in Venice last week.

Venice doesn't look "empty" to me on a Tuesday morning:

https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webca ... marco.html

User avatar
Mr.Gib
Posts: 5626
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Location: eh?

by Mr.Gib

ico wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:33 am
You just said that again, no need to quote the above post.

Vaccination, masks, lockdowns and all restriction are the reason that:
Italy is empty and silent. Zero tourists, only Italians checking out their own country and very few at that. Normally this area would be swarming with busloads of tourists at this time of year. Roads are empty and silent, town squares are nearly deserted. People are noticeably subdued and a little sad relative to my other times in Italy. It's a bit heartbreaking.
Is it not clear that I am commenting, reporting, etc. on restrictions, not advocating them? Perhaps it's best not to respond to my posts. I assume English is not your first language - respect - it means you speak at least one more language than I do. But this forum happens to be in English so... either that or you lack the congnitive resources to distinguish between advocacy and simple commentary. I'll leave it to you to sort which it is.

Wait a minute... it just dawned on me that you think vaccination is a restriction. Holy crap. I get it now. Haha, if I am correct, you are lost dude. I'll even make this easy for you. You have my official blessing to not be restricted to getting vaccinated and to prance about enjoying your unrestricted life free from gov't tyranny. It's just that easy, you can stop worrying now. :P And I also grant you freedom from the restrictions of brushing your teeth and bathing - two other health measures that reduce disease. As for risk, a lot more people will die bathing than from any vaccine. You will smell bad, but I probably just saved your life. :lol:
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Maddie
Posts: 1559
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:44 am

by Maddie


mdeth1313
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:38 am
Location: Dutchess County, NY

by mdeth1313

...and if covid caused people to go blind, everyone would be lining up for their shot(s).
Speedplay is the devil!

User avatar
Mr.Gib
Posts: 5626
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Location: eh?

by Mr.Gib

mdeth1313 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:54 pm
...and if covid caused people to go blind, everyone would be lining up for their shot(s).
We'd all like to think so but the evidence so far suggests that on this topic we over-estimate the capacity of a significant portion of human species. In such a scenario, what are the odds that a good percentage of the population in certain parts of the world would absolutely insist that it's the vaccination that causes the blindness? Pretty high I'm guessing. FFS 2.3% of Americans believe the earth is flat! https://www.insider.com/here-are-the-un ... ost-2019-7 . That's the US - a relatively prosperous and well educated society, imagine a less enlightened society. :shock:
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

TK421
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 2:02 pm

by TK421

Mr.Gib wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:55 am
nickf wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:56 pm
... But I'm an American so what do I know.
Well, you know a hell of a lot more than they do in Bulgaria - 15% vaccination rate. Even Idaho is over 40%. In Bulgaria 30% of doctors and 60% of nurses are not vaccinated. The medical schools in Bulgaria do not teach about infectious diseases. The only thing that will surpass their excess stupidity will be their excess deaths this fall. They have doctors who regularely appear on talk shows who advise against vaccination for people with medical conditions that would place those people at the top of the vaccination priority list in any real country. And they believe they are part of Europe. Easy enough to add it to the list of places never to visit but gotta feel for the people there. They've got no chance. Shocking.
Wait a minute! What makes you think you can point your finger at people in other counties and call them stupid? Just because some folks are more sceptical of this Covid hoax and refuse to inject themselves with a drug that neither works, nor has been proven with the test of time, are classified as stupid? Look at Israel for example, even the vaccinated get it. People should have the right to chose and decide for themselves. People in some parts of the world have seen tougher times, including things worse than this Covid, which is just a flu with death rates much lower than normal diseases that the humanity battles for ages. Not to mention the authoritarian/communist fashion in which this vaccine is mandated. If the vaccination rate of a country is what you consider a 'good' or 'developed' country then I am truly sorry for your existence!

mdeth1313
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:38 am
Location: Dutchess County, NY

by mdeth1313

Mr.Gib wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:19 pm
mdeth1313 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:54 pm
...and if covid caused people to go blind, everyone would be lining up for their shot(s).
We'd all like to think so but the evidence so far suggests that on this topic we over-estimate the capacity of a significant portion of human species. In such a scenario, what are the odds that a good percentage of the population in certain parts of the world would absolutely insist that it's the vaccination that causes the blindness? Pretty high I'm guessing. FFS 2.3% of Americans believe the earth is flat! https://www.insider.com/here-are-the-un ... ost-2019-7 . That's the US - a relatively prosperous and well educated society, imagine a less enlightened society. :shock:
Perhaps you're not following my logic. If the original covid outbreak - before vaccines caused blindness (or had the severity of smallpox or polio - something like that) then people would be lining up.
Speedplay is the devil!

User avatar
Mr.Gib
Posts: 5626
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Location: eh?

by Mr.Gib

mdeth1313 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:49 am
Mr.Gib wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:19 pm
mdeth1313 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:54 pm
...and if covid caused people to go blind, everyone would be lining up for their shot(s).
We'd all like to think so but the evidence so far suggests that on this topic we over-estimate the capacity of a significant portion of human species. In such a scenario, what are the odds that a good percentage of the population in certain parts of the world would absolutely insist that it's the vaccination that causes the blindness? Pretty high I'm guessing. FFS 2.3% of Americans believe the earth is flat! https://www.insider.com/here-are-the-un ... ost-2019-7 . That's the US - a relatively prosperous and well educated society, imagine a less enlightened society. :shock:
Perhaps you're not following my logic. If the original covid outbreak - before vaccines caused blindness (or had the severity of smallpox or polio - something like that) then people would be lining up.
I followed your logic and you're probably right. But I remain amazed at the bizarre stuff that people believe. That's what I was getting at. But we should forget our conversation and focus on this:
TK421 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:40 pm
Wait a minute! What makes you think you can point your finger at people in other counties and call them stupid? Just because some folks are more sceptical of this Covid hoax and refuse to inject themselves with a drug that neither works, nor has been proven with the test of time, are classified as stupid? Look at Israel for example, even the vaccinated get it. People should have the right to chose and decide for themselves. People in some parts of the world have seen tougher times, including things worse than this Covid, which is just a flu with death rates much lower than normal diseases that the humanity battles for ages. Not to mention the authoritarian/communist fashion in which this vaccine is mandated. If the vaccination rate of a country is what you consider a 'good' or 'developed' country then I am truly sorry for your existence!
@TK421, what makes me think that I can point my finger at other people and call them stupid is that they are stupid. They have demonstrated that they are incabable of balanced processing (look it up) which renders them literally unable to distiguish reality from fantasy. Nothing surprising or unusual about this, it is simply part of the human condition and I accept it completely, but I still get to call them stupid. You seem pretty worked up about this - I think you just outed yourself :lol: :lol: . I quite honestly expect that the next thing you will do is ask me to prove that the earth is round. :P
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Andrew69
Posts: 593
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:52 am
Location: ɹǝpunuʍop

by Andrew69

Mr.Gib wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:54 pm
Wait a minute... it just dawned on me that you think vaccination is a restriction. Holy crap. I get it now. Haha, if I am correct, you are lost dude. I'll even make this easy for you. You have my official blessing to not be restricted to getting vaccinated and to prance about enjoying your unrestricted life free from gov't tyranny. It's just that easy, you can stop worrying now. :P And I also grant you freedom from the restrictions of brushing your teeth and bathing - two other health measures that reduce disease. As for risk, a lot more people will die bathing than from any vaccine. You will smell bad, but I probably just saved your life. :lol:
Dont worry about bathing or brushing your teeth...if youre going to be truly free, free yourself of the tyranny of having to wear a helmet while riding, or even better, a seatbelt while driving

by Weenie


Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com



TobinHatesYou
Posts: 12732
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm

by TobinHatesYou

I refuse to take a COVID hoax vaccine made for humans, but INJECT ME WITH SUMMADAT HORSE/COW/PIG DEWORMING MEDICINE...even though it's a hoax.

Locked