Zxellium v Specialized BG S-Works

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

poseidon97

by poseidon97

Hi,
I'm trying to decide on a new pair of road shoes for racing/training. I think I've narrowed my choices down to both of these shoes. I've read numerous posts on here about both shoes and both seem to have good reviews of those that own them. I currently have DMT Flash road shoes which have been good shoes, although I do occasionaly get the odd hot spot on my foot and the most annoying thing is that the heel stub on the back has completely work away to the point that if I walk on them I'm walking on the carbon soles which has started to wear away. I'm not sure if the Mavic shoe has a replaceable heel? I'm pretty sure the Specialized does. Anyway, I'd like to hear thoughts please? Or even recommendations for others I may have overlooked.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Where are you going to find them? Both of those shoes are old models that have been discontinued for years and years.

That said I thought the Zxelliums were fantastic shoes - though they were very narrow. Absolutely unsuitable for anyone with even moderately wide feet.