2020 on the road today.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

by Weenie

jever98

by jever98

PinaRene wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:15 pm
Guess where I live, took this one while being on a short pre lunch ride.
Spain. Clearly. :P
----
No longer in the industry

TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

First ride on my new gravel bike (Felt Breed 20):

aintlifegrand

by aintlifegrand

From today's ride, unfortunately non drive side

bruno2000

by bruno2000

jever98 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:17 am
PinaRene wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:15 pm
Guess where I live, took this one while being on a short pre lunch ride.
Spain. Clearly. :P
Looks more the Netherlands...no?

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Si Bruno , although the temperatures where more like Spanish than Dutch during a normal summer. :wink:

jever98

by jever98

I wasn't being serious :-)
----
No longer in the industry

kroem

by kroem

Not today, but like the day-before-yesterday...

tomsneo

by tomsneo

Yesterdy morning, this view always hits me hard especially harder next month 9/11
ImageUntitled by spawniev, on FlickrImageUntitled by spawniev, on FlickrImageUntitled by spawniev, on Flickr
Masi 3VC SL

kingtom

by kingtom

Last weekend i rode the Tortour Ultracycling here in Switzerland. Unfortunately, after 6hrs.,the race was unfortunately stopped. A correctly driving rider of the race was brought down by a motorcyclist and died on the scene of the accident. Terrifying. Unfortunately, this shows us again, we have to be happy every time we come home healthy again... Image

Until then, my photographer took some great pictures. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Kjetil

by Kjetil

Terribly sad story accompanied by great shots, kingdom.

Norwegian south (Arendal area) high summer last weekend on one of those abundant twisty small roads with sharp rises and ditto descents. My friend has a bad neck, hence the high bars.

PinaRene

by PinaRene

@Kingtom ; Sad to hear, and indead happy to come home safe after every ride.

@ Kjetil ; Still love to cycle again in Norway. We have been there for aprox 8 times for summer holiday, and just once I brought my bike with me. Stupid me :?

liketoride

by liketoride

you guys are so lucky to ride in such amazing places. i ride in Southern California where everything is dead, no views of anything other than dirt and you have to have masks on while riding as there is so many cars or people out that i dont want to catch covid. Just looking at all these empty roads is amazing for me. There is so much traffic on my ride that i would never be able to get a pic without a car in the background. Keep posting these wonderful shots of great times. Thank you

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Fire at the top of iconic climb, Mt. Hamilton (pictured in my avatar), site of the Lick Observatory, just east of San Jose, and used several times in the Tour of California.

Looking grim Wednesday night Based on the time stamp on the picture after this one, it looks like the time stamps are standard (not daylight savings) time, so this is probably 49 minutes after sunset.

Hazy sunshine in the morning. Thanks to hard work by CAL FIRE, and a little luck, the observatory telescopes made it through the night.

In happier times, here is the road going over the top of the Tour of California course.

Ouch. A little close for comfort. In the distance, that is the old, smaller telescope observatory at the very top of Mt Hamilton, up a road spur not traversed in the Tour of California.

And this is the very top of Mt. Hamilton.

The observatory is not out of danger yet.

Fun fact: The west "San Jose" side of Mt. Hamilton road, which was descended in the Tour of California, does not exceed 7.5% gradient. The road was built in the 1880s to support construction of the Lick Observatory. A gradient of 7.5% was the steepest that oxen could handle when pulling heavy carts. Hence the many switchbacks in the last 10 km to the summit. The east side, which was climbed in the Tour of California, is somewhat steeper in places.

by Weenie

dolophonic

by dolophonic

wow that is bad.. great climb Mount Hamilton, scary times in Californai with Covid and the fires .. those firemen are forking in some untolerable conditions.