2020 on the road today.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

dolophonic

by dolophonic

@Konsi great pics ! thanks for sharing.. the dirt added a little drama :thumbup:

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Really nice shots Konsi! Thanks!

by Weenie

ms6073

by ms6073

Nice. We saw you on the television when the camera moto passed right by probably a second before you took the image below. I mentioned to the wife 'that looks like one of the guys who posts images to the on the road thread. :D
Konsi wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:51 pm
Managed to do a little 150km loop yesterday to watch the Tour de France

Michael - The Anaerobic Threshold is neither...

damond

by damond

Konsi wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:59 pm
okimy wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:57 pm
Konsi wrote:
Really nice pics, and a lot to learn from them. I hope you don't mind if I copy some of your techniques, I'm new to shooting pics of pro cyclists (and sadly don't get the chance all too often).
The exifs should be with the photos in my gallery on the website (see my signature) – probably we all have to do the try and error process mostly ourselves 😅
Those look amazing, specially if we take in consideration you had to carry the photo gear on a 150km ride. Can you share which gear did you use? camera and lenses?

Konsi

by Konsi

damond wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:20 am
Konsi wrote:
okimy wrote:
Konsi wrote:
Really nice pics, and a lot to learn from them. I hope you don't mind if I copy some of your techniques, I'm new to shooting pics of pro cyclists (and sadly don't get the chance all too often).
The exifs should be with the photos in my gallery on the website (see my signature) – probably we all have to do the try and error process mostly ourselves 😅
Those look amazing, specially if we take in consideration you had to carry the photo gear on a 150km ride. Can you share which gear did you use? camera and lenses?
Canon 1DsIII with a 24-70/2.8 and a 70-200/2.8. But it is not only about the equipment ;)

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

I tell my Mrs this all the Time..

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

damond

by damond

Konsi wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:41 am
damond wrote:
Konsi wrote:
okimy wrote:

Canon 1DsIII with a 24-70/2.8 and a 70-200/2.8. But it is not only about the equipment ;)
Of course it is not only about the equipment but it is a remarkable effort to carry those kind of gear on a150km bike ride! I took my SLR once on a 250km ride and i swore to God i would never repeat the experience of riding with an SLR camera on a bike ride! Do you have any kind of frame/handlebar bag for such or you use a backpack? The photos look absolutely stunning, congratulations!

Konsi

by Konsi

damond wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:27 am
Konsi wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:41 am
damond wrote:
Konsi wrote:

Of course it is not only about the equipment but it is a remarkable effort to carry those kind of gear on a150km bike ride! I took my SLR once on a 250km ride and i swore to God i would never repeat the experience of riding with an SLR camera on a bike ride! Do you have any kind of frame/handlebar bag for such or you use a backpack? The photos look absolutely stunning, congratulations!
In this case I took the gear in my Apidura bikepacking saddle bag. For longer trips, I just bought a Sony RX100, but haven't tried it yet.

okimy

by okimy

Konsi wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:19 am

For longer trips, I just bought a Sony RX100, but haven't tried it yet.
Be aware that when looking through the viewfinder (if you're not using the screen to take pictures) the screen will be shut off for looking at pictures (that's how it is for my dad's model, really hope they changed it). Even if you want to look at the shots you took, you need to look through the viewfinder. A bit annoying, but other than that it's really handy when you don't want to carry a DSLR around.

Miller

by Miller

okimy wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:23 pm
Konsi wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:19 am

For longer trips, I just bought a Sony RX100, but haven't tried it yet.
Be aware that when looking through the viewfinder (if you're not using the screen to take pictures) the screen will be shut off for looking at pictures (that's how it is for my dad's model, really hope they changed it). Even if you want to look at the shots you took, you need to look through the viewfinder. A bit annoying, but other than that it's really handy when you don't want to carry a DSLR around.
I don't think your dad has fully got to grips with his RX100, lol. The electronic viewfinder came in with the RX1000 iii and has an eye sensor. You can set EVF to be on all the time, or rear monitor to be on all the time, or use the eye sensor to automatically flip between them. The same applies for image review. On all models you can review images on the rear monitor, or, in the EVF!

The RX100 is a fantastic little camera but it has a complex menu system.

okimy

by okimy

Miller wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:25 pm
okimy wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:23 pm

I don't think your dad has fully got to grips with his RX100, lol. The electronic viewfinder came in with the RX1000 iii and has an eye sensor. You can set EVF to be on all the time, or rear monitor to be on all the time, or use the eye sensor to automatically flip between them. The same applies for image review. On all models you can review images on the rear monitor, or, in the EVF!

The RX100 is a fantastic little camera but it has a complex menu system.
Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it.

Ben689908

by Ben689908

I live in the UK (London), but my partner's family are in southern Germany. We've just spent 2.5weeks over there and I took my bike. The highlight for me, cycling over there, is the network of excellent cycle paths and lanes (Radnetz) - you're rarely on a trafficked road (if you so choose) and when you are it's only the odd tractor and local driver.

I'll see if anyone recognises any of the locations - they're not world famous landmarks, but I'm aware we have a diverse and well spread out membership here!

(crappy phone photos, sorry. I also owe some better bike pics - I'll sort that and use a proper camera in doing so!)

ImageCYCLING IN GERMANY by Ben H, on Flickr

Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/

Leviathan

by Leviathan

"We're putting the band back together"Image

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

"I saw you with elephants hosing down some dwarves on black and white TV" - Ode to Anthony H Wilson

Kjetil

by Kjetil

Splendid!
AC/DC comes to mind.
«Knockin' me out with those American thighs»
No guessing who gets to lead that band on the flats.

by Weenie

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Kjetil wrote:Splendid!
AC/DC comes to mind.
«Knockin' me out with those American thighs»
No guessing who gets to lead that band on the flats.
Those who know, don't say!

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

"I saw you with elephants hosing down some dwarves on black and white TV" - Ode to Anthony H Wilson