2020 Pro thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

AJS914
Posts: 4325
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:52 pm

by AJS914

I never thought Froome had a chance for 2020. His injuries seem more like a 2 year recovery. And whether he could get back the last 5% of performance at his age after a lengthy recovery is also a question.

User avatar
guyc
Posts: 1318
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:40 am
Location: Hampshire, England
Contact:

by guyc

Hope that I can set this straight, I was last at a training camp at the beginning of December. My recovery is going well and I will be heading to my next training camp on Thursday. Onward 👊

https://twitter.com/chrisfroome/status/ ... 0050799618

by Weenie


UpFromOne
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:23 am
Location: Olympic Nat'l Park, WA

by UpFromOne

Phil Gaimon on his insurance company's refusal to cover his hospitalization bills:
"At all times I was on heavy narcotics and literally rolling around in pain, not really able to think. The decisions I made were just what could I do to feel alive again, or they were made for me."

Welcome to healthcare in the U.S.
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gaimon ... ome-crash/

ooo
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 12:59 pm

by ooo

How pms effects pros cyclocross performance:

https://youtu.be/oTL15DZbotc?time_continue=1730
Last edited by ooo on Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
'

User avatar
Kjetil
Posts: 2318
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:17 pm
Location: Hamar, Norway
Contact:

by Kjetil

Lovely that Cofidis De Rosa, peculiar choice of wheel brand.

Nefarious86
Moderator
Posts: 3567
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 4:57 am
Contact:

by Nefarious86

Kjetil wrote:Lovely that Cofidis De Rosa, peculiar choice of wheel brand.
Fulcrum/Campagnolo trying cross up their exposure. Using R4s for beauty shots is odd tho even if it is a training bike.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

ooo
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 12:59 pm

by ooo

--deleted
'

eins4eins
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:49 am

by eins4eins

The fulcrum/campa mix is probably driven be the fact, that campas marketing budget is basically zero and Fulcrum had to step in to cover some expenses.
Movistar didn't change because Sram paid more, but because campa couldn't pay what they used to do in the past couple years.

pastronef
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:33 am
Location: Asti, ITALIA

by pastronef

eins4eins wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:57 pm
The fulcrum/campa mix is probably driven be the fact, that campas marketing budget is basically zero and Fulcrum had to step in to cover some expenses.
Movistar didn't change because Sram paid more, but because campa couldn't pay what they used to do in the past couple years.
Canyon being Movistar´s bike sponsor also played a part in getting Sram I guess. they are pushing the disc brakes, they already have Canyon-Sram team. the market for Campagnolo disc brakes group is almost non existent.
and Campagnolo got a new WT team, with Cofidis and Campagnolo-friendly DeRosa. Cofidis costs less tham Movi for sure

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF
Posts: 3375
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:44 am
Contact:

by nathanong87

UpFromOne wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:35 pm
Phil Gaimon on his insurance company's refusal to cover his hospitalization bills:
"At all times I was on heavy narcotics and literally rolling around in pain, not really able to think. The decisions I made were just what could I do to feel alive again, or they were made for me."
not really able to think, but still able to Vlog from his hospital bed for youtube

AJS914
Posts: 4325
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:52 pm

by AJS914

The fact that he received bills is pretty normal. Nowhere in the article does it say that his insurance company denied the claims. It seems like Phil has rushed to his social media bully pulpit a bit too quickly.

jever98
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:02 pm
Location: Seattle

by jever98

pastronef wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:02 pm
eins4eins wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:57 pm
The fulcrum/campa mix is probably driven be the fact, that campas marketing budget is basically zero and Fulcrum had to step in to cover some expenses.
Movistar didn't change because Sram paid more, but because campa couldn't pay what they used to do in the past couple years.
Canyon being Movistar´s bike sponsor also played a part in getting Sram I guess. they are pushing the disc brakes, they already have Canyon-Sram team. the market for Campagnolo disc brakes group is almost non existent.
and Campagnolo got a new WT team, with Cofidis and Campagnolo-friendly DeRosa. Cofidis costs less tham Movi for sure
It seems to me that SRAM was under pressure to find another WT team to kit out. With the demise of Katusa they would have been left with only Trek left (if I am not forgetting anyone).
----
No longer in the industry

TheRich
Posts: 734
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:36 am

by TheRich

UpFromOne wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:35 pm
Phil Gaimon on his insurance company's refusal to cover his hospitalization bills:
"At all times I was on heavy narcotics and literally rolling around in pain, not really able to think. The decisions I made were just what could I do to feel alive again, or they were made for me."

Welcome to healthcare in the U.S.
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gaimon ... ome-crash/
That story should have been written more like "it could happen to you" than "oh, poor Phil."

It literally could happen to you, and probably will if you travel to an event and get hurt.

User avatar
wheelbuilder
Posts: 863
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:10 am

by wheelbuilder

UpFromOne wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:35 pm
Phil Gaimon on his insurance company's refusal to cover his hospitalization bills:
"At all times I was on heavy narcotics and literally rolling around in pain, not really able to think. The decisions I made were just what could I do to feel alive again, or they were made for me."

Welcome to healthcare in the U.S.
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gaimon ... ome-crash/
Crowdfunding for Gaimon coming soon to social media near you. This guy gets more unlikable with each passing year if that's possible.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

User avatar
Alexbn921
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:39 pm

by Alexbn921

Literally crowd funds from the hospital to feed hungry children. Says not to worry about him and to use that good will for charity. Seems like a real asshole.

I wish him a full recovery and hope his insurance pays his medical bills like they should.

by Weenie


Post Reply