2020 Pro thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

there's acceptance and there's acceptance. I'd describe mine more as a resignation, the fact i can't do anything about it apart from turning off the tv set.

most of us here are pretty aware so to speak, but still when super-duper performance hits the fan, it's same old, same old - most of all, national pride and fanboyism take over common sense. remember Froome's ride, or jiffy bags, or tues... our UK members would kill protecting *their own*. back in '06 or '07, when dirty secrets about Museeuw emerged mods handed out warnings (and i believe bans) for mentioning it and deleted the topic... so who can actually do what, if the most civilized and open minded online cycling community can't get it's act straight?
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Willier

by Willier

ave wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:07 am
I just realized today that Tejay van Garderen was actually in the race! :O Did anybody noticed?
Haha, in 3 weeks I forgot that he took the start, than during TT I remembered :mrgreen:

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Haha TJ managed to stay upright through this tour, so no I forgot he was still there as well.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2012 Time RXRS Ulteam Rim Brake
2008 Time VXR Rim Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

peted76 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:04 pm
The TT could be interesting.. it's pretty flat but it looks like it gets all technical and downhill in the last few KM's.
It's remarkably flat and pretty short for a World's TT. I would expect it to be one for Ganna, TommyD or Dennis
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Pegoretti, Parlee, Donhou, Various others

LouisN

by LouisN

...And Dygert.
Van Vleuten said she wanted to participate despite a broken wrist (road race thoug).
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/van-vl ... ken-wrist/

Louis :)

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I feel really sorry for Dygert. If you read any of her interviews it's clear she doesn't like bikes...at all.

pastronef

by pastronef

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:09 am
I feel really sorry for Dygert. If you read any of her interviews it's clear she doesn't like bikes...at all.
what? does she come from another sport and took up cycling?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

pastronef wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:54 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:09 am
what? does she come from another sport and took up cycling?

https://www.bicycling.com/racing/a29429 ... mpionship/
Dygert always played sports, but did not set out to be a cyclist. “I didn’t want anything to do with cycling,” she says. “My dad kept giving me these stupid bikes! I’m like, ‘Dad, I don’t want bikes!’” That changed in 2013. Dygert had competed in local races, attending with her dad and brother. But then her father promised her a pair of Oakley sunglasses if she rode the junior national championship race in Wisconsin. Dygert finished third.
You know, I don’t really celebrate. Even on the podium, Anna van der Breggen [the silver medalist] asked if I was happy. To me, it’s a goal. I show up to win the race. That’s what I came to do and what I worked so hard to do. And when I do accomplish that, it is super exciting to have that moment, but it happened. It’s in the past already.

https://www.velonews.com/news/road/chlo ... ut-racing/
If I am being honest, I really don’t even like bikes. I do struggle most days even wanting to ride. But my competitiveness and desire to win outweighs my hatred for training.

ave

by ave

>But my competitiveness and desire to win outweighs my hatred for training.

Say no more. That can be more than enough to turn to hmmm, "small helps".

pastronef

by pastronef

Dygert always played sports, but did not set out to be a cyclist. “I didn’t want anything to do with cycling,” she says. “My dad kept giving me these stupid bikes! I’m like, ‘Dad, I don’t want bikes!’” That changed in 2013. Dygert had competed in local races, attending with her dad and brother. But then her father promised her a pair of Oakley sunglasses if she rode the junior national championship race in Wisconsin. Dygert finished third.
I am loving that. she´s right. Oakley first and foremost! :thumbup: :P

flying

by flying

Man if I'm being honest after reading those quotes (if they weren't taken out of context)....that is a crap attitude from Dygert

Feel sorry for the obvious unhappiness & robotic actions.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

flying wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:15 pm
Man if I'm being honest after reading those quotes (if they weren't taken out of context)....that is a crap attitude from Dygert

Feel sorry for the obvious unhappiness & robotic actions.

Basically she can’t do anything purely for fun. She has to win. There’s also a quote about how she can’t even play board games with friends. With cycling, her dad forced it on her after a couple of ankle injuries in basketball. She only rides because she’s competitive at it. I bet she burns out quickly once she isn’t consistently winning everything event in her main disciplines.

maquisard

by maquisard

Sounds somewhat like Lance!

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

maquisard wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:05 pm
Sounds somewhat like Lance!

Lance still rides bikes for fun. I don't see Chloe Dygert ever touching a bike again once she retires.

AJS914

by AJS914

It's hard to imagine that she could maintain the training if she hated it so much. I have a feeling that she's much more complicated than the one dimensional robot painted in those articles.

by Weenie