New Mini-Project: SnapMyBike.com

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I had an idea for a location-based register of the places I have been to and/or like to use to take pictures of my bike as a resource to help others find good locations. A buddy wanted to see if he could work out how to make it work - with the help of a few plugins and fiddling with some knobs and buttons, SnapMyBike.com was born.

Take a look!

Zoom out to a global view and you'll see a focus of my 'pins' around Sydney, plus a couple in Europe. Each 'pin' has a title, an address or GPS co-ordinates, a description and a sample pic.

There are also a couple of café and shop pins - any other café & shops added to the site will become subscription-based for a small annual fee.

As the strapline: "Find, mark, remember" indicates, this was as much about finding new locations that I was unaware of locally and when I am travelling with my bike in new places; but also for remembering and sharing where I tend to take pics of my bike locally. I think it works quite well in that regard; and I'm excited to see what crops up.

Feel free to give it a try by clicking on the 'Submit a Snap' button - but please remember, no pins will be approved (I moderate all submissions) without a pic of the location to go with it!

by Weenie

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

This is so cool thanks for posting.....

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

Pretty cool, I was going to post on it but couldn't click the select photo button on my iphone.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

robertbb

by robertbb

Nice!

As it's called "snap my bike", there must be a rule that there should be a bike in the pic (along with the scenery).

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

IrrelevantD wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:06 pm
Pretty cool, I was going to post on it but couldn't click the select photo button on my iphone.
If you click 'submit a snap', then 'choose file' it'll give you the option to take a photo.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Appreciate the positive comments folks!

Merry Christmas! 😎

cchesebro

by cchesebro

Just finding this, nice project. Thanks!

Ritsuke

by Ritsuke

Really cool project, congrats!
S-Works Tarmac SL5
Retired: Specialized Allez Sprint Red Hook Crit

by Weenie