Rapha to scale back discounting as sales fall & losses mount up.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

DOUG

by DOUG

by Weenie

velov

by velov

RTW wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:16 pm
DOUG wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:57 pm
Am I allowed to like Rapha Aero jerseys and bib shorts because they fit me well, are comfortable, durable and stylish? Or should I burn them all now and buy Assos gear that doesn't fit me well at all and looks like it was designed in MS Paint circa 2003?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Sounds like you are suited to Rapha.
I'm not a Rapha fan boy but hard to argue against that Assos is way behind in their designs.

Wookski

by Wookski

velov wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:53 am
RTW wrote:
DOUG wrote:
Am I allowed to like Rapha Aero jerseys and bib shorts because they fit me well, are comfortable, durable and stylish? Or should I burn them all now and buy Assos gear that doesn't fit me well at all and looks like it was designed in MS Paint circa 2003?

I'm not a Rapha fan boy but hard to argue against that Assos is way behind in their designs.
Plain black will never go out of style

welchy

by welchy

DOUG wrote:

:mrgreen: Nah you're okay, I'll be wearing my Rapha gear until it goes threadbare. Nothing wrong with it at all, just to me and literally only in my opinion (which of course is very subjective), it doesn't bring the same esteem as it once did.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

velov wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:53 am
RTW wrote:
DOUG wrote:

Design or aesthetic? More that it's not an argument worth having.

velov

by velov

Aesthetic. And yes, there's certainly no arguing that.

1415chris

by 1415chris

Surely, aesthetic is driven by design. And how their, Assos' design, let's say very specific, sucked for many years (I'm not following recent offerings) is clearly seen in how popular among the cyclists their jerseys are. Unlike their bibs which are appreciated by a number of cyclists I know, including myself, their tops just are not there. I don't know, maybe perception of aesthetic design is geographically dependent, definitely varies from individual to individual, but what I can see, rather what I cannot see is telling me the story.
On the Rapha subject, pro line, not perfect in all cases, but overall good quality and fit.

DOUG

by DOUG

welchy wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:07 am
DOUG wrote:

:mrgreen: Nah you're okay, I'll be wearing my Rapha gear until it goes threadbare. Nothing wrong with it at all, just to me and literally only in my opinion (which of course is very subjective), it doesn't bring the same esteem as it once did.
Oh thank goodness, thats quite a relief.

My personal philosphy is, just ride what you like and dont give a *f##k* what other people think. :mrgreen: