Eurobike 2019

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

In years past we've had threads here with links to galleries and stories for Eurobike. But there hasn't been a peep this year. Is that because there has been so much focus on e-bikes at Eurobike this year? Just a lack of interest? I know there was an Italian forum which used to get linked to every year, but I can't find it right now.

Just surprised that there has been minimal chat about the biggest show of the year.
Last edited by EvilEuro on Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LouisN

by LouisN

Maybe if you put 2019 in the title we would be more interested in what's new this year ;) ...

Louis :)

AnkitS

by AnkitS

"Oversized pulley wheel systems are typically thought of as a premium (and expensive) upgrade for the watt-obsessed few. Token has a feeling there may be demand for a Shimano-105-level upgrade, one that still offers a 19T lower pulley wheel, but does away with the carbon construction and ceramic bearings. The Shuriken will retail for USD$159."

All the fixie kids are gonna have OSPW systems now....
It really shows that the entire system is just a fashion statement. :smartass:

Leviathan

by Leviathan

EvilEuro wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:13 am
In years past we've had threads here with links to galleries and stories for Eurobike. But there hasn't been a peep this year. Is that because there has been so much focus on e-bikes at Eurobike this year? Just a lack of interest?
Or perhaps cos those who work in the trade no longer post on the forum as its been taken over by the raving loonies??

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I just had a long conversation with my friend in Switzerland today who was at Eurobike giving a talk on stage about her ebike adventure from Zurich to Bejing. She wanted me to join her for part of it. We’ve toured the Swiss Alps, and South Island of New Zealand together but some of the areas she travelled through on this trip seemed a little too uh, adventurous for this pasty white Canadian. She asked me today if e-bikes were as big here as they are over there now. I haven’t been to Europe since the whole e-bike thing has become a “thing”. But I suspect it’s even more popular in Europe since so many more people use bikes as a real means of commuting and getting around than over here. At least that’s my impression. Would any of you say that’s probably a fair statement. There’s e-bikes everywhere in Seattle these days. And now scooters too. I couldn’t help but snap an iPhone pic of these four and the four scooters for hire.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

zinedrei

by zinedrei

there are a few things that caught my interest on this years products particularly due to the potential use I have for them.

1 - fully intergrated & internally cabled cockpit
I have been searching for an option to use on my Colnago Evo Disc frame and saw the ones below:

Token Box System - the response I got on this one was that it should be on a compatible headtube and there should be a hole on the steerer for the front cable to go in (not sure if mine has this without disassembly)

Deda Alanera DCR - no response from my query yet but my LBS said this will be available on December 2019 so I am keeping my hopes up

2 - Carbon Ti AXS compatible chainrings - got sad on this one since it is only going to work on non AXS cranks (ie bcd110) and not on actual SRAM AXS cranks like Force

Miller

by Miller

Calnago wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:03 am
She asked me today if e-bikes were as big here as they are over there now. I haven’t been to Europe since the whole e-bike thing has become a “thing”. But I suspect it’s even more popular in Europe since so many more people use bikes as a real means of commuting and getting around than over here.
I live in Reading, UK, a town to the west of London. There's one group of cyclists here who have taken to ebikes with gusto and that's Deliveroo food delivery riders. Nowadays they mostly seem to be on ghetto electric conversions, they sure don't seem limited by the legal 24kph max assistance speed. As for general cycle commuting, and it does happen here, I very rarely see an ebike commuter. I keep thinking it will happen though.

skidrrr

by skidrrr

zinedrei wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:12 am
Deda Alanera DCR - no response from my query yet but my LBS said this will be available on December 2019 so I am keeping my hopes up
I'm also lookinf for Deda Alanera DCR and I was told it will be available on e-market in starting Oct

skidrrr

by skidrrr

For some reason bikerumor and cyclingtips didn't say a single word about Deda 2020 line up

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com