Ever Had A Medical Emergency While Riding?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Don't know if it a medical Emergency, but had a WPW attack ( Wolf Parkinson and White syndrom ) on a ride with my son when he was 15 in 2013. My heartrate went up to 252 - 260 while having the syndom attack. Told him that my telephone was in my right pocket and that ( if I should fell down ) he must call 112 where we live. Cycled on further because we were in the middel of nowhere and after 5-7 minutes heart rate went normal again.

Had the WPW ablation operation in November 2013 - and never had problems again. :smartass:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

When riding with a group there were occasional crashes. Fortunately, I wasn't involved in those and once a person on a group ride started to show signs of heat exhaustion. I stayed behind with him while the others went on to finish and come back with a car. After sitting for about 15 minutes under a tree, we were able to slowly coast (it was slightly downhill) to a nearby town (about a mile away) where he was able to get into a convenience store (air conditioned) and start drinking again until the car came.

Then I finished the ride by myself.
Speedplay is the devil!