Cycling Glasses Recomendations - Aero Position

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

robeambro

by robeambro

Any initial thoughts on the newly-released Rapha glasses lineup?

by Weenie

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Bought a pair of ROKA GP-1x to try and they are very, very good on first impression. I forgot I was wearing them because the lens is so clear, they coverage is great, and they’re reasonably light.

LouisN

by LouisN

dgasmd wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:42 pm
Look at Tifosi as well. Superb glasses, 1/3 of the cost, and the best warranty in the industry. Made in USA as well
+1.
I have the Aethon model, adjustable nose piece so you can place the glasses higher on the nose for good vision when in aero position.
Mine came with 3 different lens.
https://www.tifosioptics.com/product/ae ... t-fototec/

Louis :)

TheRich

by TheRich

JMeinholdt wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:25 pm
siwong1210 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:51 am
Sutro for sure if you're looking for that full coverage. Roka's got some deals on their 1X range, but they're okay quality. Way overpriced on the overall quality and their customer support is meh.
I've been using Roka SL-1x glasses for quite a while now. Definitely get them on sale or with a Stava coupon or something. I think they're decent if you can get them on sale. I also like that you can get custom colors. I have two different lenses, including the photoshift lense (which is GREAT for dark morning commutes).

I, too, wanted a pair of glasses that were good in the aero position. In my opinion, DO NOT get any glasses with a top frame as that always impaired my view. If you get Roka, get the 1X version of the GP or SL to add some height which helps shield your eyes when aero.
I picked up a set of Roka Matadors a month or so ago, with the Strava coupon.

I've been wanting wraparounds for a while, but Oakleys never seemed to fit the curve of my face quite right. Gambled on the Rokas and they ended up being a little more curved and fit perfectly.

Optical quality is good. I can see a slight distortion when actively looking for it, but not in normal usage. No issue with the top of the frame obscuring my view, just the smudge from my eyebrows if I push them up too far.

They're light but not overly flimsy, block enough airflow so my eyes (sensitive to wind with contact lenses) are fine, flashy looking...they're nice shades.

JMeinholdt

by JMeinholdt

TheRich wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:45 am
I picked up a set of Roka Matadors a month or so ago, with the Strava coupon.
I recently got a pair of Oakley Flight Jackets. I must say, the quality of the Oakleys is definitely superior to the Roka's, but that should be expected with the price. Optics are close, but I'd give the edge again to the Oakley Prism lenses.

But dollar for dollar, the Roka's are a better value, in my opinion.
Wilier Cento10AIR Rim Brake - SRAM Force AXS
BMC GF02 - Ultegra R8000 - Commuter/Trainer

Strava link: https://www.strava.com/athletes/jmeinholdt