Cycling holidays with +1

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Roboos

by Roboos

Hi guys,

I am looking for a holiday destination in Europe, where I could enjoy riding and combine it with sightseeing etc. with my girlfriend. Date would be sometime between July and September.

Thanks for your help!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

I suggest to use the search options because there's many topics about this subject.
Lake of Garda/Verona, Tuscany, Barcelona, and so on would be my suggestions.

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

micky wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 1:57 pm
I suggest to use the search options because there's many topics about this subject.
Lake of Garda/Verona, Tuscany, Barcelona, and so on would be my suggestions.
+1 on the above..

Garda, Como and Florence have places that you can rent a racing bike rather than bringing your own. Como and Florence are better for morning rides combined with afternoon sightseeing and Day trips.

TonyM

by TonyM

Wow basically everywhere in Europe ...LOL...

That really comes down to what you are looking for in terms of rides and what your girlfriend likes in terms of holiday.....

Staypower

by Staypower

Defenetelly in UK there are plenty of nice places to visit on your bike.

jeanjacques

by jeanjacques

Pyrenean mountain ! French side of course, near the atlantic sea, name is "Pays Basque", plenty of small roads, no car. And there is plenty things to see, from wilderness to city like Bordeaux or Toulouse, also San Sebastian on the spain side and countless french village !

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Make sure you check for local holidays. If you're bringining your own ride, get a bigger hotel room - this doesn't mean more expensive, just pay attention to the room size.

robertbb

by robertbb

+1 for Tuscanny. Stunning place to ride.

LewisK

by LewisK

We went to Mallorca in September. It was nice to be able to get out on the bike for 1h30/2h each morning before breakfast and take advantage of the lovely smooth and quiet roads. Lots of things to do with your other half, sight seeing, excursions, beaches, walking e.t.c. September was an excellent time of year as it starts to cool down a bit!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com