Spesh. Power Pro or Pro Stealth saddles, furthest forward position?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

iamchrisone

by iamchrisone

Hello,

Anyone own both Specialized Power and Pro Stealth Saddles? Which one would allow me to get furthest forward? Ie. if you slam the saddle frward right up to the kink in the rails which has the shortest reach from nose to stem?

I have Specialized Power Pro on both road and TT bikes and find it very comfortable. I want to try and get a bit further forward on my TT bike but have the saddle as far forwad as it will go. The pro stealth ooks like a saddle I could get on with so I'm wondering if it could get me any further forward. I see the nose is wider on the Stealth so I might be able to sit further forward on the nose but I'm wondering how far forward that nose wouldbe in comparrison to the Power when both saddles are slammed forward.

Cheers,
Chris.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Have you tried spinning the seat post around?

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

iamchrisone wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:43 pm
Hello,

Anyone own both Specialized Power and Pro Stealth Saddles? Which one would allow me to get furthest forward? Ie. if you slam the saddle frward right up to the kink in the rails which has the shortest reach from nose to stem?

I have Specialized Power Pro on both road and TT bikes and find it very comfortable. I want to try and get a bit further forward on my TT bike but have the saddle as far forwad as it will go. The pro stealth ooks like a saddle I could get on with so I'm wondering if it could get me any further forward. I see the nose is wider on the Stealth so I might be able to sit further forward on the nose but I'm wondering how far forward that nose wouldbe in comparrison to the Power when both saddles are slammed forward.

Cheers,
Chris.
Yeah, are you limited by bike adjustments, or by UCI regs? If its just bike adjustments, then it could be a hardware swap will get you further forward on the saddle you find most comfy. If its regs, then certainly, you want the saddle that will have the most forward (relative to the nose) usable seating area. If the latter is the case, then I'd also add ISM saddles to your list to consider, as they absolutely have the most forward comfortable/usable riding perch I've seen. They can chafe the thighs a bit after a while, but that is likely a necessary byproduct of having such a wide and usable nose.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

I really like PN 3.0 and 3.1, but both gave me friction caused blisters at my thighs.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

iamchrisone

by iamchrisone

TheKaiser wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:07 am
iamchrisone wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:43 pm
Hello,

Cheers,
Chris.
Yeah, are you limited by bike adjustments, or by UCI regs? If its just bike adjustments, then it could be a hardware swap will get you further forward on the saddle you find most comfy. If its regs, then certainly, you want the saddle that will have the most forward (relative to the nose) usable seating area. If the latter is the case, then I'd also add ISM saddles to your list to consider, as they absolutely have the most forward comfortable/usable riding perch I've seen. They can chafe the thighs a bit after a while, but that is likely a necessary byproduct of having such a wide and usable nose.
Ressurecting this post. I didn't realise anyone had replied. Must have had the notification off. Anyway, I never ended up changing my saddle last season and now it's time to get aquainted with the TT posisiton again for 2020 I find myself asking the same question.

I'm limited by bike adjustmetns not UCI regs. The TT's I take part in are not UCI sanctioned. I currently have my Spesh. Power Saddle slammed all the way forward (nose is about level with the BB) but I;d like to get another 5 or 10mm forward if I can. It's a Dolan Scala with aero seapost which can;t be replaced with anything else I know if. I'm wondering what saddle has rails that will that will allow the furthest forward position. The Pro Stealth looks like it is wider at the nose, hence can sit further forward on it but can saddle relative to BB will the rails let it push as far?

whyamihere

by whyamihere

I have both. If you push both forward as far as possible on the rails, the nose of the Pro Stealth extends further forward. There's not much in it though, maybe 5-10mm.

EDIT: The comparison above was done with an S-Works Power. Looking at a Power Pro, the rails are longer, so the nose extends further forward when the saddle is pushed right forward, so is probably the same as the Stealth. I'm comparing to a carbon railed Stealth in case a similar difference exists with the metal rails.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

iamchrisone wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:15 pm
I'm limited by bike adjustmetns not UCI regs. The TT's I take part in are not UCI sanctioned. I currently have my Spesh. Power Saddle slammed all the way forward (nose is about level with the BB) but I;d like to get another 5 or 10mm forward if I can. It's a Dolan Scala with aero seapost which can;t be replaced with anything else I know if. I'm wondering what saddle has rails that will that will allow the furthest forward position. The Pro Stealth looks like it is wider at the nose, hence can sit further forward on it but can saddle relative to BB will the rails let it push as far?
Why aren't you looking at any TT saddles if you're trying to get forward on a TT bike? There are plenty of those that are more exaggeratedly forwards than either a Stealth or a Power.

iamchrisone

by iamchrisone

Karvalo wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:14 pm
iamchrisone wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:15 pm
Why aren't you looking at any TT saddles if you're trying to get forward on a TT bike? There are plenty of those that are more exaggeratedly forwards than either a Stealth or a Power.
Well, I'd look at TT specific saddles if I thought they could get me further forward.

Am happy with the 'comfort' of the Power saddle in TT position so looking at the Stealth as it's pretty similar shape. I also see that the stealth is a bit wider at the nose so might be able to sit a bit further forward on it.

Would welcome - TT saddle recommendations for models with rails setup to push the saddle forward

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com