Garmin Edge 530/830 Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

kytyree

by kytyree

Are you making sure the sensor is awake before you start?

by Weenie

AJS914

by AJS914

Here's a 530/830 question. How often do you use the buttons on the front edge? They are the standard start/stop and lap buttons? I have a 510 with the buttons on the top. I'm thinking that if I got a 530 or 830 that I might have to get new mounts because a 530/830 would be too close to my stem. Is this an issue? My 510 is actually 3.4 inches long whereas the 530 is 3.2 inches so there might be a smidge more room.

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

Sojodave wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:55 pm
I've got the Garmin Edge 830 and I'm having issues with my speed sensor. It kicks in after about 5 miles. I'm not sure what to do to get the sensor to connect when I first start my ride. Does anyone have any suggestions?
What sensor do you have and do you have another device that you can test it with? I had a speed/cadence sensor that was dying that would sometimes take a while to connect and intermittently disconnect regardless of if the battery was new or old. Would do it with multiple computers, which is how I knew it was the sensor.
* There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.