Titanium Bolt source

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

anzi

by anzi

Mt.Zoom taper head ti stem bolt snapped in two pieces at 5Nm while I adjusted bar height. Might be that this particular bolt was a bad one. Other five bolts I purchased have been fine, but I put the original steel bolts back. The bolts had been driven 320km on tarmac.

by Weenie

anzi

by anzi

Mt. Zoom replied to my mail instantly and promised to send a couple replacement bolts. Hopefully it was just one bad bolt...

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Orbital wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 5:19 pm
krzysiekmz wrote:Toronto Cycles

http://www.torontocycles.com/

Great customer service too.
I had a stainless King cage arrive dented...I didn't ask for a replacement but just informed them...I was told basically that's tough luck.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

toronto cycles is down right now sadly. i recently used monster bolt and pro bolt. the pro bolt stuff is super high quality, but expensive.

Raimundo

by Raimundo

FactoryMatt wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:35 am
toronto cycles is down right now sadly. i recently used monster bolt and pro bolt. the pro bolt stuff is super high quality, but expensive.
I was a loyal costumer of TorontoCycles, until throughout the years quality started going down big time.

From my last orders at TC:
Rounded heads became common issue, even with quality Facom tools.
Same spec bolts that had different head shapes.
CNC'ed bolt threads instead of rolled threads.
Assortment of speciality bits and bobs (bicycle specific), like derailleur or brake parts, stagnated and newer models left forgotten.
Pricing went the opposite way of quality, sadly.
Shipping became complicated and expensive...

Thank God for the above!
I have now discovered the holy grail of titanium bolts.

Fully forged Ti bolts, made by PROTI.
Expensive as bolts but quite cheap if you consider them bike jewelry :D

kode54

by kode54

I had issues with my last batch from Toronto Cycles. The anodized black coating were different shades of black. Some purplish black and others were a shade of grayish black. I was disappointed that they actually shipped those to me as shipping went up more than 2X.
- Factor 02 VAM Disc + DA9170 + Enve 4.5AR CK CL hubs
- Moots Vamoots Disc RSL Titanium + DA9170 + Enve 3.4AR CK CL hubs
- Factor LS Disc + DA9170 + Enve G23 CK CL hubs
- Allied Able + DA9170 + Enve G27 CK CL hubs --> outgoing

PinaRene

by PinaRene

R2-bike.com is also a good place to buy titanium bolts. Also aluminium in defferent colours over there.

MarkoP

by MarkoP

I emailed Tom (Toronto Cycles) about a few bolts and he replied to say online store will reopen early September 2020.
2020 Scott Addict RC Ultimate