Rapha Roadmap discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ichobi

by ichobi

Rapha has recently published a 18,000 words independet investigation about how we can improve professional cycling. It is released in parts. Right now there are two parts. The whole report will be published in May. Right now you can read two parts so far here.

https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/roadmap

part 1: Overview of the report with some key findings
part 2: Suggestion for how to improve the current professional cycling calendar

I find they summarised the issue really well. The second part is very bold but I like it.

Certainly, a lot of this criticisms and suggestions will not be well received by stakeholders, particularly the UCI and the event organizers whom will have their power diminished significantly.

What do you think?

TonyM

by TonyM

It really tries to show to their current and potential customers how much Rapha understand the cycling race environment, how much they care etc....A very good move in terms of Marketing.

And it will definitely help them moving from a brand of cycling clothes to a company selling many different kind of products to all people using a bike.

Yes, some statements are indeed very bold...
But Rapha likes to polarize. That’s a key tool in their marketing tool box.

Otherwise some of the recommendations are not new (also to the UCI) and some others are just....let’s say marketing...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

photek

by photek

Thanks for the link, did they send a newsletter about this? I somehow missed it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Trek Emonda SLR, SRAM eTap groupset, eeBrakes G4, Berk Lupina Saddle, TUNE Schwarzbrenner 60mm wheelset - 6.4 kg

sychen

by sychen

Yes.. I got the email on the 16th of April

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

photek

by photek

sychen wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:22 am
Yes.. I got the email on the 16th of April

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Thanks! I probably overlooked it with all the other Rapha emails I get :shock:
2019 Trek Emonda SLR, SRAM eTap groupset, eeBrakes G4, Berk Lupina Saddle, TUNE Schwarzbrenner 60mm wheelset - 6.4 kg

otoman

by otoman

I’ve tried to start reading it twice and both times I’ve fallen asleep on the couch, mouth open and drooling.

I guess it’s needed but all the talking about it and posturing does no good until teams themselves have inherent value like a soccer/football team. Without that, the ASO and UCI call the shots. It will take teams going on strike against ASO races to get TV revenue from the Tour. Until that happens, nothing changes.
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com