Wahoo Elemnt Roam

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Looks decent...

https://boerkopcykler.dk/wahoo-elemnt-roam/576582

WAHOO ELEMNT ROAM

Wahoo Elemnt Roam is the latest shot of the Wahoo tribe. It comes new with a 2.7 "color display and a battery that holds power for up to 17 hours.

NAVIGATION
The navigation part in it is super good whether you want to use GPS as turn-by-turn or just want to find the fastest way home

Wahoo Elemnt is incredibly easy to set up using the Elemnt companion app where you can set up the pages of your computer and view history and share data.

Ambient Light sensor
There is a built-in light sensor so that the screen can automatically insert the light piece on the screen. This means that the screen will always appear clear.

Gorilla Glass Lens
On a Wahoo Elemnt Roam, the glass is made in a new Gorilla Glass that makes the screen super strong in the toughest conditions.

Integrated Out-Front Mount
There is of course a nice integrated outfront mount in the box when you buy a Wahoo Roam. It is super aerodynamic as you know it from Wahoo Elemnt Bolt.

On Element Roam, however, you can also tighten its Elemnt Roam to the holder so that it becomes part of the bike. This means that it is not only stolen or smoked but also that you can have your computer mounted during weighing for the UCI race.

Bluetooth Sensors: Pulse, Speed, Cadence and Watts
Wifi: Yes
Phone compatible: IOS and Android
GPS: Yes
Weight: 95g
Screen size 2.7 "
Battery life Up to 17 hours (rechargeable)
Quicklook LEDs Yes
Mounts included: Out front and stem
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

C36

by C36

Really curious of the screen. I selected the Bolt since it was the only screen delivering perfect visibility in direct sun light over any colour screen that existed 2 years ago.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thedanplasse

by thedanplasse

The link won't work on my work computer, But it figures they'd come out with something new 2 days after I purchase my new bolt.
2020 S-Works Tarmac SL6
2018 Specialized Tarmac Expert Sl5

Brynhildr

by Brynhildr

Idk man, my phone gives real good navigation; even audio-based when I have it in my jersey pocket works good. Never needed it for my usual rides. If I was touring though I'd consider something like this.

My Bolt's been doing everything save for navigation just perfectly though, don't think I'd sell my Bolt for this.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Wahoo hinted that something was to be released at Sea Otter but probably there were last minute issues that pushed it back. While it looks nice and I do like my Bolt better than the Edge 510 than preceded it, the upcoming Stages L50 and M50 units look more appealing to me. Hopefully DC Rainmaker will have reviews out soon…

bilwit

by bilwit

I don't mind marginal upgrades like this but.. 30g heavier? no thanks

Mep

by Mep

bilwit wrote:I don't mind marginal upgrades like this but.. 30g heavier? no thanks
You can't compare it to the Bolt, because the screen size is larger. It's roughly the same size as the Elemnt, but with the added navigation and color capabilities at 5g less. That said, I'd be curious to see if they make a version in the form factor of the Bolt.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I just hope it has stronger radios/antennas than the previous ELEMNTs.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

This looks to be Elemnt sized at 70mm wide x 95mm long. They didn't shink the packaging of the large screen unit.
https://fccid.io/PADWF129/Label/label-4207914

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com