Biggest Phone You Carry With You During Rides?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

3G / GSM only. So not that smart!

surfinguru

by surfinguru

I'd love to not carry a phone, but with MJ now legal in my state, and dang near every car going by streaming smoke out the windows, it's a safety must IMO. I've only got one phone and that's my Note8. It's big for sure, but it's all I've got!
2014 Tarmac Pro -eTap Red

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Meyercord

by Meyercord

XS max

sennder

by sennder

I always keep my iPhone 6s Plus on me during rides (really can't risk being phoneless in an emergency). I have a reasonably sized topeak saddle bag for the phone, spare tire, etc. since I don't like weighing my jersey down with the phone.

--Sennder

kervelo

by kervelo

I carry an iphone 7 plus in a Rapha rainproof essentials case in my jersey pocket. I don’t find the phone too heavy and the stuctured surface of the case keeps it nice and steady in the pocket.

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

Carry an Essential phone with me at all times in a Silca Phone Wallet. Theres plenty of room in it if I were to want a bigger phone (I don't), and it also allows me to conveniently store my money, keys, and cards. Best of all, the phone wallet is a perfect fit for any of my jersey pockets.

Used to use a Rapha Essentials, but it couldn't hold my Nexus 5 nor my Essential phone, so I had to swap that out. And while I did like it, the Silca is far more functional.

TonyM

by TonyM

iPhone 7 for me. Waterproof was important to me.
Don't want to go bigger or heavier!

by 573

I kept my iPhone 7 going for years because it was the perfect cycling phone. Waterproof and fits in a Rapha Essentials case. It died last year though and I got an iPhone XS. At first I found it annoying that it didn't fit inside my Rapha case, but I now just have it in my central rear jersey pocket outside the case. It's more waterproof than the 7 and despite being rained and sweated on lots has been perfect.

It also takes sweet pictures for the 'gram. :D

kervelo

by kervelo

The large version of the Rapha Essentials case is large enough for iphone XS max or other similar sized phones.
https://www.rapha.cc/eu/en/shop/rainpro ... ct/LEC05LR