What's the 3 best cycling accesories that you have ever bought?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

audioblazer
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:09 pm

by audioblazer

1. See sense rear light
2. SMP Dynamic
3. Spexcel Jersey

by Weenie


peted76
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:30 pm

by peted76

1) Pocpac
2) Gore Shakedry Jacket
3) Raceware stem bolt outfront mount

User avatar
Roel W
Posts: 726
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:39 am
Location: Belgium

by Roel W

1, Garmin 800. I've always liked exploring and could finally get rid of printed Google maps in my jersey and copies from street atlases and still getting lost sometimes.
2, Chamois cream and bibshorts
3, Disc brakes and through axles. More confident handling and stopping power. Couldn't resist this item in my top 3 list.
CANYON Ultimate AL 2010
CANYON Ultimate CF SL 2014
CANYON Ultimate CF SL disc 2018
Instagram @roeleur

Vagabond
Posts: 361
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:08 am
Location: Washington State with brief stays in the Great Plains

by Vagabond

1. Assos bibs and chamois cream. How did I spend hours in the saddle before without these?
2. Light and Motion taillight.
3. Trico Sports Case.
Colnago e Campagnolo

User avatar
TonyM
Posts: 3207
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm

by TonyM

In the last 3 years:

1. Mudguards/ fenders: They do look stupid (at least in the eyes of a road cyclist from Europe) but in the PNW it is really a very usefull product (especially the long version from SKS).
https://www.sks-germany.com/en/products ... ard-black/

2. Oakley Prizm Road: I already have many pairs of Oakley for cycling but these one are by far the best.
https://www.oakley.com/en-us/prizm/road

3. Water Filtration System from Sawyer: Just so nice to know that during a long MTB ride you can have water to drink almost everywhere and you don't have to carry liters of water.
https://sawyer.com/products/sawyer-micr ... on-system/

User avatar
miltmaster3
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:29 pm
Location: patra greece

by miltmaster3

1) P2max power meter
2)las helmets
3) sidi shot


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by miltmaster3 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
πατα τραβα ρε

User avatar
TonyM
Posts: 3207
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm

by TonyM

miltmaster3 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:26 am
1) P2max power meter
2)las helmets
3) side shot


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.side-shot.com/
??

Can you elaborate on that use on the bike?

User avatar
kgt
Posts: 7712
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 am
Location: Athens, Greece

by kgt

It's Sidi shot obviously

User avatar
miltmaster3
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:29 pm
Location: patra greece

by miltmaster3

kgt wrote:It's Sidi shot obviously
Edit



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

Jugi
Posts: 492
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:10 am

by Jugi

1. Oakley Radarlock. Always on me while on a ride. Fit & function is perfect for me. Have to stock up on nose pieces & some additional lenses, as they seem to be quietly dwindling out of retailer's inventory.
2. Specialized windproof beanie. Unbelievably well insulating for how thin it is. Makes life easier during colder months.
3. Gore C7 Shakedry Stretch. Such a great rain jacket, it gets used even when it's not raining.

User avatar
Kayrehn
Posts: 1235
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:06 pm

by Kayrehn


TonyM wrote: 2. Oakley Prizm Road: I already have many pairs of Oakley for cycling but these one are by far the best.
https://www.oakley.com/en-us/prizm/road
I loved my prizm jawbreaker until it recently it disintegrated on me. I stretched it a little and fitted it in my helmet vents (something I had done many times) and mid ride took it out to use to find that the lens had shattered into a million pieces. On closer examination it was the coating that had cracked and I had to dust it off on both the outer and inner surface. Still using old M frames for other purposes but this officially ended my relationship with them. Bizarre incident and I hope yours will last you long...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


User avatar
TonyM
Posts: 3207
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm

by TonyM

Kayrehn wrote:
TonyM wrote: 2. Oakley Prizm Road: I already have many pairs of Oakley for cycling but these one are by far the best.
https://www.oakley.com/en-us/prizm/road
I loved my prizm jawbreaker until it recently it disintegrated on me. I stretched it a little and fitted it in my helmet vents (something I had done many times) and mid ride took it out to use to find that the lens had shattered into a million pieces. On closer examination it was the coating that had cracked and I had to dust it off on both the outer and inner surface. Still using old M frames for other purposes but this officially ended my relationship with them. Bizarre incident and I hope yours will last you long...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Wow Image
On which frame were your Prizm?

User avatar
Kayrehn
Posts: 1235
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:06 pm

by Kayrehn

They were jawbreakers. The coating is now completely gone. From what I read the prizm technology isn't in the coating and my lens ain't polarised so I've no idea what the coating does tbh, maybe a hydrophobic one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


User avatar
TonyM
Posts: 3207
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm

by TonyM

Kayrehn wrote:They were jawbreakers. The coating is now completely gone. From what I read the prizm technology isn't in the coating and my lens ain't polarised so I've no idea what the coating does tbh, maybe a hydrophobic one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yes the coating is different than the Prizm technology (which enhance some frequencies). I suppose the coating is more against reflection and also in order to give a nice look of the glasses from outside. I would suppose that your Prizm without coating are still more or less the same than before when you use them?

User avatar
Kayrehn
Posts: 1235
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:06 pm

by Kayrehn

There's little to no difference, just that from the outside it's more translucent than reflective. I'll probably use it still but it's just not good to know that this can happen apart from the usual coating peeling problem that will eventually come.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post