What's the 3 best cycling accesories that you have ever bought?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

peted76

by peted76

1) Pocpac
2) Gore Shakedry Jacket
3) Raceware stem bolt outfront mount

Roel W

by Roel W

1, Garmin 800. I've always liked exploring and could finally get rid of printed Google maps in my jersey and copies from street atlases and still getting lost sometimes.
2, Chamois cream and bibshorts
3, Disc brakes and through axles. More confident handling and stopping power. Couldn't resist this item in my top 3 list.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vagabond

by Vagabond

1. Assos bibs and chamois cream. How did I spend hours in the saddle before without these?
2. Light and Motion taillight.
3. Trico Sports Case.
Colnago e Campagnolo

TonyM

by TonyM

In the last 3 years:

1. Mudguards/ fenders: They do look stupid (at least in the eyes of a road cyclist from Europe) but in the PNW it is really a very usefull product (especially the long version from SKS).
https://www.sks-germany.com/en/products ... ard-black/

2. Oakley Prizm Road: I already have many pairs of Oakley for cycling but these one are by far the best.
https://www.oakley.com/en-us/prizm/road

3. Water Filtration System from Sawyer: Just so nice to know that during a long MTB ride you can have water to drink almost everywhere and you don't have to carry liters of water.
https://sawyer.com/products/sawyer-micr ... on-system/

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

1) P2max power meter
2)las helmets
3) sidi shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by miltmaster3 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
πατα τραβα ρε

TonyM

by TonyM

miltmaster3 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:26 am
1) P2max power meter
2)las helmets
3) side shot

https://www.side-shot.com/
??

Can you elaborate on that use on the bike?

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

kgt wrote:It's Sidi shot obviously
Edit

πατα τραβα ρε

Jugi

by Jugi

1. Oakley Radarlock. Always on me while on a ride. Fit & function is perfect for me. Have to stock up on nose pieces & some additional lenses, as they seem to be quietly dwindling out of retailer's inventory.
2. Specialized windproof beanie. Unbelievably well insulating for how thin it is. Makes life easier during colder months.
3. Gore C7 Shakedry Stretch. Such a great rain jacket, it gets used even when it's not raining.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

TonyM wrote: 2. Oakley Prizm Road: I already have many pairs of Oakley for cycling but these one are by far the best.
I loved my prizm jawbreaker until it recently it disintegrated on me. I stretched it a little and fitted it in my helmet vents (something I had done many times) and mid ride took it out to use to find that the lens had shattered into a million pieces. On closer examination it was the coating that had cracked and I had to dust it off on both the outer and inner surface. Still using old M frames for other purposes but this officially ended my relationship with them. Bizarre incident and I hope yours will last you long...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TonyM

by TonyM

Kayrehn wrote:
TonyM wrote: 2. Oakley Prizm Road: I already have many pairs of Oakley for cycling but these one are by far the best.
I loved my prizm jawbreaker until it recently it disintegrated on me. I stretched it a little and fitted it in my helmet vents (something I had done many times) and mid ride took it out to use to find that the lens had shattered into a million pieces. On closer examination it was the coating that had cracked and I had to dust it off on both the outer and inner surface. Still using old M frames for other purposes but this officially ended my relationship with them. Bizarre incident and I hope yours will last you long...

Wow Image
On which frame were your Prizm?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

They were jawbreakers. The coating is now completely gone. From what I read the prizm technology isn't in the coating and my lens ain't polarised so I've no idea what the coating does tbh, maybe a hydrophobic one.

TonyM

by TonyM

Kayrehn wrote:They were jawbreakers. The coating is now completely gone. From what I read the prizm technology isn't in the coating and my lens ain't polarised so I've no idea what the coating does tbh, maybe a hydrophobic one.

Yes the coating is different than the Prizm technology (which enhance some frequencies). I suppose the coating is more against reflection and also in order to give a nice look of the glasses from outside. I would suppose that your Prizm without coating are still more or less the same than before when you use them?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

There's little to no difference, just that from the outside it's more translucent than reflective. I'll probably use it still but it's just not good to know that this can happen apart from the usual coating peeling problem that will eventually come.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

1997 sidi shadow
2003 Oakly Pro M RX