Cycling in paphos cyprus

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

markyboy

by markyboy

I am off to cyprus in the summer and want to take my bike for 2 weeks,whats it like for cycling around that area?
Any routes of any interest?
Colnago master with campagnolo super record 12
Pinarello f8 with dura ace di2
Eddy merckx 69 ultegra disc winter bike ultegra r8000

by Weenie

Tenlegs

by Tenlegs

markyboy

by markyboy

Thanks i will take a look
Colnago master with campagnolo super record 12
Pinarello f8 with dura ace di2
Eddy merckx 69 ultegra disc winter bike ultegra r8000

lazypete

by lazypete

Just been to Cyprus for a mini-break. 4 days riding. Stayed at a mates near Paphos. Great weather and roads, really quiet and very few cyclists. Seemed all uphill to me, mostly as even the wee blips on the descents felt significant after several hours of steady climbing ! Highly recommended, though cafe culture no where nearly as developed as Mallorca (only other place I've been out with UK for a pure biking trip).

nachetetm

by nachetetm

Be very careful with local drivers. They are completely careless and not bike-friendly. And keep an eye while going downhill, as road mainteinance is poor and you can find "surprises" easily.
Once said that, the road from the Coral bay to Poli Chrisochous is pretty amazing. The road up to Stavros tis psokas is also great and completely different scenery from the previous. You can continue to the cedar valley and then go to Pano Panagia.
Your main problem is starting and finishing in the same place, as there are few roads in the mountains and you will make very long distances to complete the circle if you really want to go up in the mountains (and I really recommend it). Perhaps the best is taking the bike with the car to a certain starting point and then ride, as leaving Paphos will take time and some boring miles in crazy trafic. Where will you be located exactly?