would this design work for a custom bike

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Leviathan

by Leviathan

So Im getting myself a custom built bike for my 50th next yea, probably WindyMilla/Sarto, (I know, bbboring) and am considering an "homage" to the movie "garden state". Would this below wallpaper pattern translate into a bike frame, with the relatively low side on area? Is it doable, with the background as raw carbon?
Thanks in advance

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

anything is doable with the right amount of money to pay the painter

motorapido

by motorapido

If you could get some one to make up an image and print if for you it done as a Hydrographics water transfer, you could then have the entire colour scheme as in your photo above. Idon't know the costs but it would be a pretty cool and unique frame when done.

this should give you some idea of whats possible, https://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/catego ... t/cycling/

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Thats stuff is insane. I think the builder said their painter could do it, I am more concerned if such a "busy" design woudl look good on the smaller surface area of the bike frame.

Orbital

by Orbital

I hope you’re planning matching kit too!

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

then go for a frame with lots of area, like a colnago concept, de rosa pininfarina

robertbb

by robertbb

Orbital wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:18 pm
I hope you’re planning matching kit too!
+1

Rich_W

by Rich_W

I saw a guy at the Philly Bike expo this past fall who is doing full vinyl wraps for frames. That might be an option as you might get sick of either Zach or that nasty paisley wall paper. And that comes from the WW who hails from and actually lives in the Garden State... just sayin... :thumbup:

Leviathan

by Leviathan

I love the idea of a removable option but doubt this has yet ended up in Spain. Im just gonna wait and see what the frame painter comes up with as design mockup and see.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com