Ordering from bike 24

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

by 1964

I only have good things to say about Bike24. Especially when it comes to customer service.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

flying

by flying

Loi wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:11 pm
dmp wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:29 am
you don't have to pay VAT if you are in the US. They should deduct it or not charge it at all.
Yup, won't need to pay VAT to Bike24, but I will still owe VAT to the IRS... So I was wondering whether this is collected by customs or simply in the course of the annual tax submission...
No you will never owe VAT to anyone in the USA including IRS...USA has no value added tax

Perhaps you are confusing it with Import Duties?

If you import goods valued over $800 USD you may have a import tax to pay but not always it depends on item also
There are various free calculators to use online

Although if you buy from some places like Chain Reaction they actually pay it for you
Duty Paid on all wheels, frames & bikes✝
FREE shipping on orders over $99*

discolite

by discolite

Ordered Sept 25, items delivered Oct 12. Not bad.
MERLIN • Newsboy #11 • Elevator soft-tail • Cyrene 650C • Fat Beat • XLM Lefty • Extralite • Sandstone
ROAD • Litespeed Ghisallo • Cervelo RCA • Passoni Animus Ti
ETC • Spectrum Super Ti SS • Black Sheep FS • Budnitz Steel Belt Drive • Tyrell Ti

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I just ordered some items and when checking out the site would not take my PayPal as it stated that my invoice address didnt match my billing address but the only difference was the invoice address shows my email at the top and billing does not. I give some feedback to Bike24 over this issue and they seem to think its an issue with PayPal. I have never had an issue with my PayPal before this and I have used it since np.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Resurrecting old thread, but rather cool new feature on the DHL postal system site... ordered from bike24 and it actually now put the flight number your package is on, and the fact that it arrived at the destination airport... my stuff left on an Air Canada flight and landed in Toronto..all traced.. now the bad thing.. our lovely friends in customs get to trap it for the next week and rape me for every penny they can squeeze out of me...

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

ParisCarbon wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:26 am
now the bad thing.. our lovely friends in customs get to trap it for the next week and rape me for every penny they can squeeze out of me...
Not Bike24's fault. Take it up with Justin.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

HammerTime2 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:36 am
ParisCarbon wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:26 am
now the bad thing.. our lovely friends in customs get to trap it for the next week and rape me for every penny they can squeeze out of me...
Not Bike24's fault. Take it up with Justin.
Yeah.. well I also apparently am wrong about the new and improved tracking on the DHL site.. my package has left Germany and arrived in Toronto 3 days in a row now... loaded in shipping container, prepared for transport , left on Air Canada X, arrived Lester B... next day.. repeat same procedures...

Oh well.. this is why I stockpile in January rather than the middle of spring and summer when I need stuff...

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

bikeboy1tr wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:20 pm
I just ordered some items and when checking out the site would not take my PayPal as it stated that my invoice address didnt match my billing address but the only difference was the invoice address shows my email at the top and billing does not. I give some feedback to Bike24 over this issue and they seem to think its an issue with PayPal. I have never had an issue with my PayPal before this and I have used it since np.
Note to self, purchase on this site with Amazon and you will have np. Hard to believe Amazon is an option over in EU. All I have to do now is remember this is here when I am having difficulties checking out Doh.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

flying

by flying

So to be clear when shipping does Bike24 use DHL/Postal or DHL door to door?

I ask because my postal address is different than my street/home address
Thanks

robertbb

by robertbb

May be different by country, but I get DHL door to door. They don't hand over to Aus Post.

flying

by flying

robertbb wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:40 pm
May be different by country, but I get DHL door to door. They don't hand over to Aus Post.
Thanks That is good to hear! I sent a message to them too will see if they respond

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

flying wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:01 pm
So to be clear when shipping does Bike24 use DHL/Postal or DHL door to door?

I ask because my postal address is different than my street/home address
Thanks
To Canada its DHL Postal... stuff gets binned, sent to Toronto on an Air Canada flight, handed over to customs.. they do their deal, then you'll see your stuff generally 3-4 days after... my last order according to DHL site arrived in Toronto on Saturday, but the Canada post website shows its still waiting for it and not even handed over to customs...

flying

by flying

They responded & said ....
A complete shipping with DHL it is not possible, due when the parcels arrive in USA, they have to be assigned to the local shipping company (United States Postal Service).
sadly many times these types of half/half deals have gone bad for us with surface shipping used as cheapest US Postal route & taking an additional 3-4 weeks

They said they have to use DHL/Postal because they need a local shipper once it reaches USA?

That does not make sense to me as we get DHL,FedEx,UPS from others like Gobik/Spain ProbikeKit, Merlin, Sigma etc

I was hoping to grab some Campy Zonda's for my wife and they were $40-50 less than Probikekit

sevencyclist

by sevencyclist

With good pricing on things that I wanted (Campagnolo, Schmolke, and THM), I have ordered from Bike24 five times over the past two years. All have been quite smooth except for one current order that should be arriving soon.

Four past orders arrived ususally within 3 week from Germany to my door in US. Fastest was about 10 days.

The current order problem is that the item arrived in US and somehow got turned around after clearing custom and sent back to Bike24. No idea what happened. When I saw that happened in the tracking, I contacted Bike24, and Bike24 was able to send another package (Campy Super Record Ergo Shifters and Cassette) on the way before the return even got back to them on their end. So I believe they are trying to do the right thing. The frustration is with clearing the cutom and interphase to USPS rather than problem of Bike24.

Hope this helps others to consider where to order.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JessieJim

by JessieJim

what country was your bike supposed to come from?