An Ebay Question

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

I purchase a frameset on ebay and shortly after it shipped I received this message from the Ebay Global Shipping Program:

"We are writing to inform you that your GSP order is currently under review for potential prohibited items and may experience a delay of 3-5 business days. "

I assume that this means the package has been randomly selected to be checked for illegal drugs? Surely we can't be dealing with some bureaucrat who thinks a bike is a problem? However my google search seems to indicate that this can be a black hole from which items do not emerge - a few horror stories out there. Worst case scenario is a refund I guess. I hope?

Anyone have any good knowlege about this. Are we just talking about a delay, or am I screwed?
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

This happened to an item I shipped (although a domestic sale, it was still flagged under the GSP). It delayed the shipping a day or two, but nothing more than that.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

Fake item?

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

No, not fake. I could see an effort to deal with courterfeit goods, watches, fashion, etc., but I doubt fake Pinarello's are anyone's priority. Item is coming out of California anyway. It's not a Pinarello (though I wouldn't mind a K10 at some point) :)
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Miller

by Miller

I think it must be a random. I sold a camera body to a non-UK buyer lately so it went via the global shipping prog. I too got one of those 'your item is under review' emails. Then a day or two later another mail saying it had shipped. So a delay but nothing more than that.

desperado95219

by desperado95219

I got a similar notice a week ago on a package containing 2 Continental tires (5000's) that I purchased from a company in Spain. The tires arrived 3 days later. If I hadn't received the notice I wouldn't have even known that they were delayed at all.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

I purchase a frameset on ebay ... "We are writing to inform you that your GSP order is currently under review for potential prohibited items and may experience a delay of 3-5 business days. "
Does the frameset include full cockpit? If so, maybe eBay needs 3-5 business days to adjudicate whether the bar tape matches the saddle.