Sending bike through Parcelmonkey/Parcelforce UK

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

Hi all,

have you ever used Parcelforce for sending bikes? I ordered a bike from eBay and used this carrier to get the bike to my Uk address(forwarding company).
According to tracking it was delivered to someone else on December, already signed.

Now I don´t have my bike and my money, I am seriously thinking about that driver stole my package. Parcelmonkey told they have contacted Parcelforce, but till now I don´t have any answer.

What can i do now? Can I contact police? Value of the bike was £400(paid on eBay).

Thanks for any advices.

mattr

by mattr

Depends who made the contract with parcel monkey, you or the seller, and how you paid.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

I made the contact and ordered service from Parcelmonkey. Paid by PayPal.

mattr

by mattr

Have you flagged it up with PayPal then. You've paid for a service you've not received.

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

I can do that. But this way I may only get back shipping fee, not vaule of the bike, right?

mattr

by mattr

Depends what you paid for. Insurance etc.

Bit odd not to get the seller to arrange shipping.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I had this exact same problem a couple of years ago when a pair of wheels I sold 'went missing' at the local depot. Parcel Farce booked through Parcel Monkey, who are both as bad as each other when it comes to customer service. Thankfully I paid the little extra for full insurance, but it took three months to get the refund thanks to their 'investigations' taking so long. Fecking useless!

Lesson learned. Stick to Paisley Freight, DPD, DHL etc. and give these clowns as wide a berth as Hermes in future. If you paid everything through PayPal and can prove that you've not received the bike you should be able to get a refund through their buyer protection.

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

I didn´t pay more for insurance so I think it was insured for about £20 as default... I arranged courier because of sellers high shipping cost offered so I wanted to save some money...looks like I didn´t :(

I paid everything through PayPal(Parcelforce shipping and bike cost also). I already opened a case for shipping service(£36 through Parcelmonkey).
I can prove I didn ´t receive the bike, because it was signed by someone else but I am not sure PayPal would refund bike cost because they would take money from seller who has nothing to do with this case in my opinion...

Btw DHL lost my package few weeks ago too, but it was cheap pair of alu wheels(£20) so it doesn´t bother me much, but Parcelmonkes are still ,,investigating´´ this case too.

mattr

by mattr

You might be bang out of luck then. Worst case they won't find it (if they even bother looking) and you'll get your 20 quid. Or the cost of the shipping. :/

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

I just don´t believe I can do nothing when driver just gave my package to different person(or decided to steal it)...mad!
Even if not insured it is provable expensive item.

mattr

by mattr

Yup, you should get something eventually, but it might be a struggle/strung out because the "normal" chain of events hasn't been followed.

euan

by euan

Mockenrue wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:18 pm
Stick to Paisley Freight
Paisley Freight are just a shipping broker and never touch your package. They could quite easily use Parcel Force. And having used Paisley Freight, who then used TNT, who then lost a bike, I can tell you Paisley Freight were bloody useless.

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

@mattr Yes, I agree I made a big mistake when I didn´t insure it at full price(biggest mistake was to use Parcelforce).

I don´t know UK laws but in case of this expensive lost/theft am I able to hand it over to police? Of course only if carrier won´t find the package, which I personally doubt.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com