E Bike Section

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Jowwy

by Jowwy

Looking for the weight weenies E bike section - can anyone point me in the right direction??

:D :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djbowen99

by djbowen99

You are 4 months early.

Jowwy

by Jowwy

djbowen99 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:38 pm
You are 4 months early.
89 days to be exact....but that doesn’t answer my question

AJS914

by AJS914

There is no section. Start a topic in the Cycle Chat section. I haven't seen anyone on this board talking about road e-bikes, let alone weight weenie e-bikes so you may not get much response.

Jowwy

by Jowwy

AJS914 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:34 pm
There is no section. Start a topic in the Cycle Chat section. I haven't seen anyone on this board talking about road e-bikes, let alone weight weenie e-bikes so you may not get much response.
This is the cycle chat section - and this is an ebike thread

djbowen99

by djbowen99

I think bikeforums.net or someplace like that may be a better place to discuss them. The lack of ebike talk is what this forum is all about.

Jowwy

by Jowwy

djbowen99 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:27 am
I think bikeforums.net or someplace like that may be a better place to discuss them. The lack of ebike talk is what this forum is all about.
Why do you think that is??? Bike snobbery??

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Don’t know much about the E road bikes. But based on looks the Orbea Gain M10 19 (really dumb name), Bianchi Aria E road, and Pinarello Nytro are the nicest looking ones I’ve seen. I’ve ridden both the Nytro and Aria in the parking lot of a bike shop and can confirm both weighting well under 30lbs. I believe both used the same motor with the Aria having better drivetrain and to me, aesthetics.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

Jowwy wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:11 pm
Looking for the weight weenies E bike section - can anyone point me in the right direction??

Not a lot of e-bike love on the forums I freqent, including this one. In the USA based MTB realm, there are a lot of concerns about hot-rodded e-MTBs jeopardizing hard fought trail access, and in the global road bike realm there seem to be a lot of concerns about stolen valor. Those Strava KOMs don't come for free, after all. I can see the appeal of a light, fast, e-bike...what's Specialized's tagline? "It's you, only faster" ... or something like that. Who doesn't want to be faster? But, even still, there hasn't been a lot of interest here, from what I've seen, so you may want to search elsewhere. Not sure if there are a lot of e-bike specific forums yet, or if they've found a more favorable reception on any anolog bike forums. Have fun, and stay charged! :lol:

Bogan

by Bogan

Personally, I don't want to see an e-bike section. It doesn't feel right to have a section about bikes with motors. I mean would this end up extending to bikes with bolt on petrol motors eventually? I work in the retail side of bicycles and have sold quite a few e-bikes. They are heaps of fun, but I am still not comfortable with them as bicycles. At the end of the day they are motorbikes with a bit of human powered assistance.
That's my 2 cents worth.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)

AJS914

by AJS914

TheKaiser wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:02 am
concerns about stolen valor. Those Strava KOMs don't come for free, after all.
I got two KOMs this year and in both cases I had to flag other rider's rides to get them. One person had 100mph due to some GPS glitch and the other guy obviously rides an ebike so I flagged all of his KOMs. Before I flagged him he had the KOM on a segment with speeds of 33mph and a resting heart rate of 88bpm. Latter in the ride he his 42mph.

I'm 52. I figure when I'm in my 70s I might want an e-road bike so I can still ride with people in their 20-30s and not get dropped.

Jowwy

by Jowwy

TheKaiser wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:02 am
Jowwy wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:11 pm

Not a lot of e-bike love on the forums I freqent, including this one. In the USA based MTB realm, there are a lot of concerns about hot-rodded e-MTBs jeopardizing hard fought trail access, and in the global road bike realm there seem to be a lot of concerns about stolen valor. Those Strava KOMs don't come for free, after all. I can see the appeal of a light, fast, e-bike...what's Specialized's tagline? "It's you, only faster" ... or something like that. Who doesn't want to be faster? But, even still, there hasn't been a lot of interest here, from what I've seen, so you may want to search elsewhere. Not sure if there are a lot of e-bike specific forums yet, or if they've found a more favorable reception on any anolog bike forums. Have fun, and stay charged! :lol:
https://www.emtbforums.com/community/

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

AJS914 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:46 am
I'm 52. I figure when I'm in my 70s I might want an e-road bike so I can still ride with people in their 20-30s and not get dropped.
Nope, find other riders also in their 70's and drop them using your own legs. I'll be there and you can drop me. Might have to train your ass off though (which is the fun part).
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

AJS914

by AJS914

I said "might" but still I don't see any problem with a pedal assist type ebike that gives one say an extra 100 watts on tap. I'd still be slower than the racers in my club.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com