E Bike Section

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

addictR1

by addictR1

Just came back from CES. The sales guy said this is in MP now, but wouldn’t quote on price.

This is actually a sweet looking Orbea E-Bike.

But I still prefer my slow bike. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jowwy

by Jowwy

Bogan wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:36 am
Personally, I don't want to see an e-bike section. It doesn't feel right to have a section about bikes with motors. I mean would this end up extending to bikes with bolt on petrol motors eventually? I work in the retail side of bicycles and have sold quite a few e-bikes. They are heaps of fun, but I am still not comfortable with them as bicycles. At the end of the day they are motorbikes with a bit of human powered assistance.
That's my 2 cents worth.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
and there was me thinking that this was weight weenies and not "rage against the E bike machine". Such a closed mind.....

i bet you still ride pig iron frames, steel rims, friction shifters and suicide levers too....

fa63

by fa63

It is hilly and can get quite hot/humid where I live, and to me, an e-bike is the difference between getting to work all gross and sweaty or relatively fresh (and save water by avoiding an unnecessary shower). I still ride my regular bike for fitness. That said, I can also see a day when I would use a pedal assist bike for touring; jump on bike, enjoy the assist on the hills so I can enjoy the scenery more, ride 80-100 miles to my destination, then repeat. I have actually been looking at the Orbea Gain (with the optional extra battery that is supposed to double the range) for this very purpose.

But of course to each their own.

Bogan

by Bogan

Jowwy wrote:
Bogan wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:36 am
Personally, I don't want to see an e-bike section. It doesn't feel right to have a section about bikes with motors. I mean would this end up extending to bikes with bolt on petrol motors eventually? I work in the retail side of bicycles and have sold quite a few e-bikes. They are heaps of fun, but I am still not comfortable with them as bicycles. At the end of the day they are motorbikes with a bit of human powered assistance.
That's my 2 cents worth.

and there was me thinking that this was weight weenies and not "rage against the E bike machine". Such a closed mind.....

i bet you still ride pig iron frames, steel rims, friction shifters and suicide levers too....
Geez, I was really raging tooImage.

MAMIL? Never. O.F.I.L. yeh! (Old F**ker in Lycra)