2019...On The Road Today

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Perfect morning for it.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

Taken with Samsung Galaxy S9 :D
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Roel W

by Roel W

ms6073

by ms6073

Roel W wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:12 pm
Those colors are simply amazing. Unfortunately we don't really get that kind of color saturation in south central Texas and even then the fall colors are very fleeting, in some areas going from green to brown in only a wvery few days.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

robertbb

by robertbb

@Roel: Have you put pre-2015 hoods on a 2015+ Campy group (chorus)? Looks like an Athena FD though...?

Roel W

by Roel W

ms6073 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:38 pm
Those colors are simply amazing. Unfortunately we don't really get that kind of color saturation in south central Texas and even then the fall colors are very fleeting, in some areas going from green to brown in only a wvery few days.
That road is closed for cars during the weekend and although it's not so long and bad quality asphalt, it's a joy to ride during autumn days. Colors are so beautiful, that road swinging up and down.....
Here's another one: Image
Last edited by Roel W on Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roel W

by Roel W

robertbb wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:32 pm
@Roel: Have you put pre-2015 hoods on a 2015+ Campy group (chorus)? Looks like an Athena FD though...?
Sharp eyes! It's a complete Athena 2014 groupset but I replaced the chainset by a recent Potenza chainset as the Athena chainset was Powertorque and thus requiring special tools. The chainrings were worn out and new chainrings + tools were more expensive as a complete new chainset. Canyon service center did the replacement (they had the required tools) for a decent price.

robertbb

by robertbb

Roel W wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:08 pm
robertbb wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:32 pm
Sharp eyes! It's a complete Athena 2014 groupset but I replaced the chainset by a recent Potenza chainset as the Athena chainset was Powertorque and thus requiring special tools. The chainrings were worn out and new chainrings + tools were more expensive as a complete new chainset. Canyon service center did the replacement (they had the required tools) for a decent price.
Nice! Those Canyon's are really nice bikes. Used to have one. Looks great with Campy!

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

Roel W wrote:
ms6073 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:38 pm
That road is closed for cars during the weekend and although it's not so long and bad quality asphalt, it's a joy to ride during autumn days. Colors are so beautiful, that road swinging up and down.....
Here's another one: Image
Meerdael bos?
That road is so bad, I once saw a cyclist move to the side of the road to let a car pass, hit a pothole end thumble into the ditch. Luckily it was full of leaves Image.

Roel W

by Roel W

MisterNoChain wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:30 am
Meerdael bos?
That road is so bad, I once saw a cyclist move to the side of the road to let a car pass, hit a pothole end thumble into the ditch. Luckily it was full of leaves Image.
Meerdaelbos indeed. The road has some very bad parts in it (potholes), is too narrow and cars usually drive too fast but as it's closed for car traffic during weekends, it's perfect for cycling that days.

kingtom

by kingtom

I hate this time of year Image The mostly time i spend on the bike is for commuting. That means in the cold darkness in the morning and back in the cold darkness in the evening. Image
So, it looks like that... Image

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

velolive

by velolive

Tricky 3 months ahead.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Another weekend of smashed legs. ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

cmunozh

by cmunozh

kingtom wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:15 pm
I hate this time of year Image The mostly time i spend on the bike is for commuting. That means in the cold darkness in the morning and back in the cold darkness in the evening. Image
So, it looks like that... Image

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk
I understand u perfectly... at least we had yesterday good weather :-)
My garage: Caad12, BRT C0, Cannondale Scalpel SE II, Specialized Epic pro '92, Swiss military bike '45, Orbea Gredos '87, Specialized Langster '12, Caadx '15...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com