2019...On The Road Today

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

200km, pub lunch with beer, dirt and all the elevation in the back 1/4...ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

Quite stormy weather here in Belgium lately. It does give beautifull scenaries. Image

flying

by flying

Nefarious86 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:38 pm
200km, pub lunch with beer, dirt and all the elevation in the back 1/4..
Beautiful roads especially that tree lined 1st one :thumbup:

JHeiro

by JHeiro

Vätternrundan in Motala, Sweden, 300km loop around Lake Vättern. Narrowly missed our sub7h target with final time of 7:02.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Santa Lucia and Mirador El Colomer
Great now the cycling tourists have left, and the road to the Formentor Lighthouse is closed to cars...

kingtom

by kingtom

JHeiro wrote:Image
Vätternrundan in Motala, Sweden, 300km loop around Lake Vättern. Narrowly missed our sub7h target with final time of 7:02.
F**ing fast. ImageImage We took it easy in 9:21. But i'm flashed. Such a perfect event.

This week, first ride to the my lovely Klausenpass this year. ImageImageImageImageImage

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

dolophonic

by dolophonic

nachetetm wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:06 pm
Mr.Gib wrote:
nachetetm wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:46 pm
Mr.Gib wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:50 pm
I couple of weeks in central Italy on the worst roads in terrible weather. Loved every minute.
I was riding on worse pavement than that the past weekend.
Worse that that? How does it get worse than that? I am joking with you of course. Worse is always possible.

Not only does 30mm+ at low pressure make it comfortable, but the safety factor is huge. I could actually descend without feeling like I was going to fly off the side of a mountain at any moment. None of the people I rode with had tires any bigger than 28mm and most of them were on 17 or 19mm internal rims. Most were in the 75 to 90 psi range. Super tough, super talented riders all, but on the descents they could not follow me. And while descending is kinda my thing, tires were a huge factor.
Funnily, the KOM for that particular worst sector in the ride I'm mentioning is hold by no other than Richard Carapaz. A few other pros are training around, according to Strava. Most of the roads are in very good condition, but there are a few horrid sectors unrideable with very skinny tires.
Was that for an event ? Where was it ? i have ridden a little in the Appennini and want to go back.. loads of great riding, very quiet .. loved it. :up:

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

dolophonic wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:19 am
Was that for an event ? Where was it ? i have ridden a little in the Appennini and want to go back.. loads of great riding, very quiet .. loved it.
Yes Appennini, most of it in fact - 2000 km and 50,000 meters climbing in 10 days. Event? Kind of an event - Cent Cols Challenge - sublime madness is a better description.

The route options in that part of Italy are truly infinite. So much crazy, unknown terrain. Full of hidden gems and surprises if you are willing to explore. And yes, most areas are as quiet as it gets. But as my photos show, no matter how big and soft your tires are, at some point you'll wish they were bigger and softer.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Late spring in the high desert (2000m).

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sychen

by sychen

Wintery Bondi Beach yesterday.. 4degs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TheRich

by TheRich

Wild horses in a meadow near Mt Charleston, NV.

Or maybe not because this forum doesn't seem to like imgur

https://imgur.com/a/Bxqm9q2

SilentDrone

by SilentDrone

Salt Lake City last Saturday. Weather was perfect. Cool and dry.

That’s Antelope Island and the Great Salt Lake in the background, although it’s not much to see because the water is so low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefs

by zefs

TheRich wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:04 am

You need to use the direct link with the extension and include it in the image tags.

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ikscD6o.jpg[/img]

kingtom

by kingtom

Some extra-miles on my lovely way back home. ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheRich

by TheRich

zefs wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:43 am
TheRich wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:04 am

You need to use the direct link with the extension and include it in the image tags.

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ikscD6o.jpg[/img]
I gave up on the .img tags because the link provided by imgur didn't work regardless of how I massaged it. But I see, right-click, copy image address, *, profit.