2019...On The Road Today

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

@lacoon, the other thing I wondered about Switzerland is how they get all the farmers to agree to cut their pasture grass to the same height? :D Can't wait to get back.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

jever98

by jever98

@Lacoon: where is that? Looks amazing!
----
No longer in the industry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lacoon

by lacoon

Mr.Gib wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:18 pm
@lacoon, the other thing I wondered about Switzerland is how they get all the farmers to agree to cut their pasture grass to the same height? :D Can't wait to get back.
Thats easy! They cut the grass mostly on the same time. When the weather forecast show two or 3 days of sunshine, they will cut the grass first, then spread it out to dry, next day they will form it into rows, then collect and press it into bales.
jever98 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:41 pm
@Lacoon: where is that? Looks amazing!
Its south of Bern in Switzerland, Gurnigelpass.

ms6073

by ms6073

Gearjunkie wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:19 am
so apologies for any offence caused. Just thought our current dry look is what I imagine Texas would look like :)
Apologies completely unnecessary as I could only hope Texas looked as nice as NZ. While the comparisons can be made, simply stated when it gets hot here, things turn brown, the humidity stays at 100% and the temperatures have been known to stay above 40 C for weeks! Along the gulf coast in the summer time, the over night lows can be hotter than comparable day time high temps in Christ Church. Wife and I would love to relocate to NZ but unfortunately your government requires some pretty steep financial requirements for expats to take up permanent residence. :beerchug:
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

bilwit

by bilwit

Calnago wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:00 pm
@Bilwit... seriously? You actually tried taking your bike out, for real, in that slop? Or was it just for a photo op?
Last time it snowed a bit I was able to bike over to Bellevue still and just had to walk certain sections of the i90 trail so when I saw downtown roads clear I thought I'd give it a go and see what it's like... but yeah the trail is completely and utterly snowed in. I walked it to just outside the i90 tunnel before calling it since Mercer island and the Bellevue side is probably worse

sychen

by sychen

Tour de beaches (apologies to our northern hemisphere ww)

Maroubra
Coogee
Clovelly (forgot to take a photo)
Bronte
Tamarama
Bondi

ImageImageImageImageImage

Technically the beachs part started at La Perouse.. there's a beach there too but photo wasn't so nice today.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kingtom

by kingtom

Spring is near, finally ImageImageImageImage

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Moments before there was one less Allez...Image
Using Tapatalk

happyon2wheels

by happyon2wheels

Nefarious86 wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:21 pm
Moments before there was one less Allez...
Meaning...?

jorryt

by jorryt

He wrecked it but would like a question.
So what happened?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Hit by another grade at a 30km/h odd speed differential as I was setting up to hit the hairpin at the start/finish line (really poor setup)

They were told at the start if your finish is too close to another grade, sit up and do another lap. Instead they sprinted through a bunch of guys hard on the brakes doing a u turn.

We caught them the lap before and rather than tell the girls to keep going they gave them the bell as we caught them at the line going into their last lap,then rather than them sit up and wait 30s they jumped on the back of our group then sprinted through us to the line...
Using Tapatalk

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

Cramps and backpain gallore today. And a really poor photo.

kingtom

by kingtom

ImageImageImageImage

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I go to Tenerife when the weather back home actually is almost as good!

Oh and I saw Dumoulin [/mancrush]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk