2019...On The Road Today

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kingtom

by kingtom

lacoon wrote:Image

So beautiful it is on Mallorca, there are too many cyclists on the roads in the springtime.
When i go there, it like it more during November or December. Quite and really alone on the road.

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dgasmd

by dgasmd

lacoon wrote:
I seriously envy those people that can go ride for a while, stop and eat a meal with drinks and coffee, and then get right back on the bike to ride some more! If I’m out riding, and I stop longer than it takes to refill a bottle, I’d have to call 911 or a tow truck to come get me!! Regardless of the ride’s length!

TonyM

by TonyM

dgasmd wrote: I seriously envy those people that can go ride for a while, stop and eat a meal with drinks and coffee, and then get right back on the bike to ride some more! If I’m out riding, and I stop longer than it takes to refill a bottle, I’d have to call 911 or a tow truck to come get me!! Regardless of the ride’s length!
Well written Image

Same applies for me!!

But I have also to admit that I don‘t really like having a break during my bike ride. I do really enjoy eating some bars on my bike.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

pedale

by pedale

Wow! Seriously impressive! How wide is this road? 6-7m max? And how fast where you entering the turn?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

There abouts, Was a training session for hotdog crits, once a month the coaches get us together so a session and coffee. Basically just spun up to 35km/h ish and turn over and again.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

ms6073

by ms6073

dgasmd wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:05 pm
I seriously envy those people that can go ride for a while, stop and eat a meal with drinks and coffee, and then get right back on the bike to ride some more!
Sounds like you need to ride more/longer distance. Seriously though, while our Saturday 3-hour social rides include a 10-15 minute break about half-way through, when the wife and I are on a bike vacation, we are riding most of the day (6-8 hours) so making one or two stop for food and drink is the norm.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

TonyM

by TonyM

You’ve got to love climbs when you are in Mallorca...LOL

lacoon

by lacoon

i love climbs so i am heading towards the mountains. Whats good on Mallorca, you can, when you want, ride flat too.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

ms6073 wrote:
dgasmd wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:05 pm
I seriously envy those people that can go ride for a while, stop and eat a meal with drinks and coffee, and then get right back on the bike to ride some more!
Sounds like you need to ride more/longer distance. Seriously though, while our Saturday 3-hour social rides include a 10-15 minute break about half-way through, when the wife and I are on a bike vacation, we are riding most of the day (6-8 hours) so making one or two stop for food and drink is the norm.

While you are right about it, I’ll pass on that. I have done all day rides, and while I find them a good challenge occasionally, I don’t find anything beyond 4 hr fun in any way!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com