2019 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:26 pm
seaneT1 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:20 pm
About the fragility of the frame, or any frame for that matter, don't rely on a picture, we cannot possibly know what kind of hit (and at what power) it took before it finally snapped.
Maybe the frame broke when Geraint fell right on it!

Pinarello should account for spills by G in their design spec. He does fall off an awful lot.

by Weenie

ave

by ave

What a fantastic photo, that is! G is very very lucky. Multiple crashes and no problem continuing whatsovever!

Sacke

by Sacke

Who is the EF rider on the ground?

I saw Woods had lost a lot of time today.

KB

by KB

It was Woods.

AJS914

by AJS914

De Gendt did a great job. I loved the way Alaphilippe and Pinot immediately worked together with zero hesitation all the way to the line.

TonyM

by TonyM

AJS914 wrote:De Gendt did a great job. I loved the way Alaphilippe and Pinot immediately worked together with zero hesitation all the way to the line.
They knew that both will have an advantage to work together. But key was IMHO that they respect each other.

Actually I was surprised that nobody else went with the attack of Alaphilippe. I mean like Bernal, Thomas, etc...as Pinot seems to be have some GC ambitions.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Thomas had only just finished chasing back, and I'd imagine Bernal was under instruction to shepherd him as every other Ineos rider was blown out.

Great display from Pinot though, always good for the race to have a French GC rider in the mix. Regards co-operation I'm pretty sure Ala said something to him along the lines of 'do your turns and you can have the 2nd place time bonus'.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

TonyM wrote:Actually I was surprised that nobody else went with the attack of Alaphilippe. I mean like Bernal, Thomas, etc...as Pinot seems to be have some GC ambitions.
Saw the highlights and was very surprised by the same. Not even talking about Ineos, but rather the rest of the “contenders” that could have seen that as an opportunity or even a defensive move!

AJS914

by AJS914

When you hear Bernal talk, he's very chill. I think he's honestly willing to ride for Thomas until Thomas gets majorly dropped.

None of the other contenders look fit enough to attack with Alaphilippe. Even Pinot was on the limit. Alaphilippe could have easily out sprinted him for second but he did the classy thing.

ichobi

by ichobi

I think they were all dying at that point. Not an easy stage to chase so easier said than done. They were riding hard all day trying to shut the break down. Ineos dropped out to helped Thomas pacing back was decisive as no other team really have riders left to pull. It was clear Sagan and Matthews really want the win. Their teams were the only two working by the end.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

gotta love this kind of stages - massif central is my fav part of TdF. constantly up and down, but not too long and not too steep allowing stronger classic riders to stay in the mix. yet the intensity is so huge the GC contenders need to be 100% and mind each other all the time. sure, Pinot's move hasn't turned the table, but those seconds might make a difference later on. besides, one petty crash and being up front might mean not seconds, but minutes over your rivals. I only hope Pinot has upped his TT game. and Alphaville - dude's a class of his own this year. hats off!
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I’m so bummed to be missing the live broadcasts of many stages right now as I’m in the middle of some major home renovations, and the contractors left yesterday without reconnecting the electrical circuit that my tv is tied to. Argh! So I guess internet recaps is all I’ve got at the moment. Sounds exciting though.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

dgasmd

by dgasmd

tymon_tm wrote: and Alphaville - dude's a class of his own this year. hats off!
Yes, no doubt he is. Just waiting biting my nails for the first suggestion or accusation that he is doping somehow. I mean, the guy is 20% above anyone when it counts and everyone is dead, so fair game in my mind to suggest it or even for it to cross our minds!!

AJS914

by AJS914

It's entertainment. Just enjoy it!

by Weenie

dastott

by dastott

Been a great TdF so far, much better than the first week of the Giro.