2019 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

ave

by ave

I think it's quite understandable why they will be prevented from racing. They found a "hole" in the rulebook, so they fix the rulebook. It happens everyday everywhere.

by Weenie

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

A couple of letters have been sent to the UCI from privateer teams, one being Huub Wattbike and the other Beat.
https://www.beatcyclingclub.com/blogs/n ... to-the-uci
https://twitter.com/HuubWattbike
They just want an explanation.
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving"-Albert Einstein
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2012 Time RXRS Ulteam Rim Brake
2008 Time VXR Rim Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

ichobi

by ichobi

ave wrote:I think it's quite understandable why they will be prevented from racing. They found a "hole" in the rulebook, so they fix the rulebook. It happens everyday everywhere.
How so? UCI allowed privateer teams to race since 2006 iirc. or do you mean they are too good for the UCI destabilizing the federations?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kevinw

by kevinw

I'd like more trade teams rather less to be honest - I love track cycling so the more events the better. I'd like to see trade-level competitions.

guyc

by guyc

It’s the disconnect between the UCI and the rest of us that I loathe.

They issue rulings with no explanation and the people that actually perform the sport are often left with nothing. Sports administration is often woeful and the UCI are a particularly bad example.

Maybe it’s just me, but just blocking people who’ve loved and supported your sport for 35 years seems a dick move.

peted76

by peted76

Beatcycling have started a petition, I've signed it - https://www.beatcyclingclub.com/blogs/n ... ur-support

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

guyc wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:56 am
It’s the disconnect between the UCI and the rest of us that I loathe.

They issue rulings with no explanation and the people that actually perform the sport are often left with nothing. Sports administration is often woeful and the UCI are a particularly bad example.

Maybe it’s just me, but just blocking people who’ve loved and supported your sport for 35 years seems a dick move.
Aside from the blocking of trade teams, the trimming of the number of events to only three seems short sighted. You now have four events annually, with a fifth thrown in every four years, where track racing is on display for all to tune in to.

Overheard in the hallway at UCI headquarters: "Hey you all, let's grow this portion of the sport. We are going to make it more exclusive at the top level and we're going to cut the number of top level events. That is sure to see its popularity explode!"

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

a tale of two riders

ave wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:44 am
I think it's quite understandable why they will be prevented from racing. They found a "hole" in the rulebook, so they fix the rulebook. It happens everyday everywhere.
which hole was this?
Anyone living in Russia can help me out source a part? [7/2/19]

Nate ★ Life , my tumblr joint
Instagramz

TuplaO

by TuplaO

A hole for the ignition key, maybe?

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Egan Arley Bernal Gomez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ave

by ave

>which hole was this?

That trade teams CAN race in world cups track events. :) If UCI was clever enough they would have thought about it before it became a problem for the powers that be.

euan

by euan

Trade teams race in World Cup MTB and CX races. Its a Federation Cup now

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

https://huubdesign.com/blogs/news/criti ... ack-racing
And yet another article on the UCI changes to track racing.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving"-Albert Einstein
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2012 Time RXRS Ulteam Rim Brake
2008 Time VXR Rim Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

flying

by flying

Wout Van Aert takes Belgian men's time trial title :thumbup: :thumbup:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/belgia ... n/results/

colagreek

by colagreek

When is Lampaerts contract up with DQS, isnt Sagan pushing hard for him to join BORA?

Strong showing in the Belgian TT, along with WVA obviously coming into his own and taking the title. Nicely done by RemEv as well.

by Weenie