2019 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Tom Dumoulin wont race the Tour after all. Bummer...
https://teamsunweb.com/tom-tdf/

AJS914

by AJS914

Why do guys at this level need to be reminded to zip up their jersey? To me it always looks like seeing a rider in their underwear or something.

BTW, Antwan Tolhoek, Tour de Suisse victory

by Weenie

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I have not watched the replay yet.... it all depends on how close Bernal got... but yes always nod to sponsers
2019 BMC TM01 Road UCI config 7.36kg

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

AJS914 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:15 pm
Why do guys at this level need to be reminded to zip up their jersey? To me it always looks like seeing a rider in their underwear or something.

BTW, Antwan Tolhoek, Tour de Suisse victory
He knew Bernal was coming fast... and, experience. I think it was his first win ever which makes it more excusable/understandable.

ave

by ave

Well, he won't win much, and this picture is his biggest win's memento. Soo stupid.
And why unzip it totally anyway especially if you're wearing a base layer too.

jever98

by jever98

ave wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:54 pm
Well, he won't win much, and this picture is his biggest win's memento. Soo stupid.
...because he has just been climbing on the rivet and hanging on for dear life to win and probably doesn't have spare energy to think as far as that, in that moment.

Cut him some slack or do it better yourself.
----
No longer in the industry

Wookski

by Wookski

jever98 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:06 pm
ave wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:54 pm
...because he has just been climbing on the rivet and hanging on for dear life to win and probably doesn't have spare energy to think as far as that, in that moment.

Cut him some slack or do it better yourself.
^ this. Although ave should be thankful for having something beyond his control to whinge about like some salty old curmudgeon :)

Kjetil

by Kjetil

Some of these base layers can be sublimation printed.
I hand out good ideas for free.

TonyM

by TonyM

Kjetil wrote:Some of these base layers can be sublimation printed.
Great idea ImageImage
I bet Ineos will make it first!!

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Think Mapei got there first, 24 years ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orbital

by Orbital

Kjetil wrote:Some of these base layers can be sublimation printed.

It’s true. I have a few Morvélo ones.

peted76

by peted76

Antwan Tolhoek - rookie mistake not doing up jersey.. I was watching TV willing him to do it up before the line.. but he didn't.. seriously, why do so many Pro's not seem to get who pays their wages and what those sponsors are actually paying for?

Also if anyone watched the coverage for the TdS yesterday, how weird was it that there was no coverage of the peloton for the last what 5km? The first thing we saw was Bernal flying past the break on his way to 2nd place. Does anyone know what the issue was?
The 'second' most boring cycling thing to watch on TV is a solo breakaway.. especially as we only saw side and rear shots of him.. so for 30mins it's just a shot of Antwan's open jersey flapping about and the back of his head bobbing about.

robeambro

by robeambro

You guys can't be serious, "pro's not seem to get who pays their wages", "sooo stupid".. After a big and long effort, you can hardly guess what 2+2 is, you have 2-3 seconds and the impulsive reaction is to just raise your hands...

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ah... that is kind of their job, to show off the sponsor. And there’s no more important place the sponsors want that done than when crossing the finish line first. I suspect he got a talking to, and it won’t happen again.
Zip up, buddy...
There’d be exceptions of course, but if no one is imminently breathing down your neck and you have a reasonable chance to, zip up for the finish photo.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

It would have been great if Tolhoek had remembered to zip up but I bet Jumbo-Visma will take that victory rather than nothing at all, knowing that all the podium shots will have their logos prominently displayed.

by Weenie