2019 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

siim
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:37 pm
Location: Estonia

by siim

KWalker wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:38 pm
Interesting to see Hugh Carthy and Joe D top 20. EF didn't bring the strongest team to this race, but it's not really the strongest race at the moment either.
To add some more on EF. Their strongest man right now seems to be Tanel Kangert who is 11th in GC at the moment and seems to be moving quite well (5th in this week's TT). Today it seemed like Dombrowski slowed down a bit to help Kangert at the final climb.


by Weenie



ichobi
Posts: 881
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:30 pm

by ichobi

Plus with the heavy AXS group.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk


flying
Posts: 1761
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:16 am

by flying

Funny I just saw Zackarin in a camera shot the other day outside the Katusha bus &
thought...Oh yeah what ever happened to this guy

He looked good today

Wookski
Posts: 1040
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:51 am

by Wookski

flying wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:59 am
Funny I just saw Zackarin in a camera shot the other day outside the Katusha bus &
thought...Oh yeah what ever happened to this guy

He looked good today
Here’s hoping he gets more camera time- there’s nothing more exciting/ terrifying than watching Zakarin navigate a high speed descent.

ultyguy
Posts: 2372
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Geneva

by ultyguy

LeDuke wrote:Roglic looks like he’s out on a Sunday group ride.

Just put Lopez and Sivakov to the sword.

Weird to hear the commentators talking about him not having the legs; I’m guessing he’s just riding within himself and saving his powder for later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ding ding, this. Watch for him to attack on the run in to Courmayeur today.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeytonM
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:59 am

by PeytonM

Wookski wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:46 am
flying wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:59 am
Funny I just saw Zackarin in a camera shot the other day outside the Katusha bus &
thought...Oh yeah what ever happened to this guy

He looked good today
Here’s hoping he gets more camera time- there’s nothing more exciting/ terrifying than watching Zakarin navigate a high speed descent.
Have you seen him on a tt bike?

Wookski
Posts: 1040
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:51 am

by Wookski

PeytonM wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:32 am
Wookski wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:46 am
flying wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:59 am
Funny I just saw Zackarin in a camera shot the other day outside the Katusha bus &
thought...Oh yeah what ever happened to this guy

He looked good today
Here’s hoping he gets more camera time- there’s nothing more exciting/ terrifying than watching Zakarin navigate a high speed descent.
Have you seen him on a tt bike?
I still remember that wet 2016 Giro TT when he lit up the first split only to bin it multiple times. His sketchiness is what makes him so appealing.

User avatar
Dan Gerous
Posts: 808
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:28 pm

by Dan Gerous

Wookski wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:01 pm
PeytonM wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:32 am
Wookski wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:46 am
flying wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:59 am
Funny I just saw Zackarin in a camera shot the other day outside the Katusha bus &
thought...Oh yeah what ever happened to this guy

He looked good today
Here’s hoping he gets more camera time- there’s nothing more exciting/ terrifying than watching Zakarin navigate a high speed descent.
Have you seen him on a tt bike?
I still remember that wet 2016 Giro TT when he lit up the first split only to bin it multiple times. His sketchiness is what makes him so appealing.
I held my breath yesterday when Nieve passed him on his left, with less than a meter to a big ravine!

basilic
Posts: 741
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:05 am
Location: Geneva, Switzerland

by basilic

Nice Giro stage! I caught it just before the San carlo climb. It looks like Roglic will only chase if it's Nibali or Landa on the attack. He is isolated; he let Carapaz go, but so did Nibali, and both owe a beer to Caruso. Now Movistar has Carapaz in pink and Landa in good position, I wonder how they will play it.
The only annoyance ws watching the useless 10m attacks of Superman Lopez...

flying
Posts: 1761
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:16 am

by flying

Wookski wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:46 am
flying wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:59 am
Funny I just saw Zackarin in a camera shot the other day outside the Katusha bus &
thought...Oh yeah what ever happened to this guy

He looked good today
Here’s hoping he gets more camera time- there’s nothing more exciting/ terrifying than watching Zakarin navigate a high speed descent.
:D :) I remember

Well after seeing today's highlights...I guess he spent his wad yesterday
as he lost 7:20 today

flying
Posts: 1761
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:16 am

by flying

basilic wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:51 pm
Nice Giro stage! I caught it just before the San carlo climb. It looks like Roglic will only chase if it's Nibali or Landa on the attack. He is isolated; he let Carapaz go, but so did Nibali, and both owe a beer to Caruso. Now Movistar has Carapaz in pink and Landa in good position, I wonder how they will play it.
The only annoyance ws watching the useless 10m attacks of Superman Lopez...
Yes was a good stage but looked pretty controlled in the Nibali/Roglic/Landa group

I know what you mean about Lopez today...While watching I thought that won't go....

Monday stage16 with Gavia & Mortirolo is going to decide this
race I think

User avatar
Dan Gerous
Posts: 808
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:28 pm

by Dan Gerous

flying wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:06 pm
Monday stage16 with Gavia & Mortirolo is going to decide this
race I think
That's tuesday and the Gavia might be taken off with a high risk of avalanches...

by Weenie


flying
Posts: 1761
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:16 am

by flying

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:13 pm
flying wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:06 pm
Monday stage16 with Gavia & Mortirolo is going to decide this
race I think
That's tuesday and the Gavia might be taken off with a high risk of avalanches...
Ah right! I missed that Monday rest

Yes I just also saw that Gavia may be closed
That would change things..depending on replacement route

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post