2019 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Calnago wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:03 am
That’s impressive if your Emonda would be 6kg with tubs. I’ll believe it when I see it on a scale with no weak exotic parts. Why don’t you throw up a pic on a scale right now as is in your build thread, not here. I’d like to see it. I know it’d be too light for me, but I’m mansize.
As for SRAM teams on 1x in a grand tour... well... lol.

At its lightest it was 6.4kg.

54cm w/eTap HRD, Zipp 202 NSW disc clinchers, Fusion 5 Galactiks (30mL sealant x2,) Vector 3s, Bontrager XXX saddle, Bontrager XXX bar/stem combo, Blackburn Cinch cages, Blendr Garmin mount, 11-32t cassette, 50/34t 165mm cranks up front. So an ~1100g disc tubular wheelset should do it. Admittedly that's borderline exotic as well as the XXX saddle.

I can't be bothered to put the XXX saddle + clamp back on and the 202s have 28mm Yksions on them, but I think you know by now that I don't make shit up.

DOUG

by DOUG

My Supersix Evo Disc (56cm) is 6.4kg with a 1200g wheelset setup tubeless. The Berk saddle is kinda exotic i guess but its plenty durable, I just put one on my MTB for good measure. Otherwise everything else is pretty stock standard. Could easily go sub 6kg with lightwieght tubs and some "exotic" finishing kits (i.e. bars, stem, seatpost etc.). On the flipside, if I threw some deeper section rims and a heavy saddle on it it would still be bang on the 6.8kg min weight without a single "weight weenie" component in sight.

The latest trend towards aero bikes is more likely to mean the 6.8kg weight limit is retained than anything else IMO.

by Weenie

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Looks like Iljo Keisse is using some new Specialized shoes at the Deceuninck camp.

1llum4

by 1llum4

At first I thought it was some DMT shoes with a specialized logo'ed overshoe but it has the specific Spec heel aera with logo.

Don't think spec would already replace the SW7 since it's only been a year it's been released and it is selling well with no big problem. So I am guessing it's alternate version of the SW7, maybe a slimmed down version aimed at TT to bridge the gap between the SW7 and the trident ?

That might means also that we won't see a lace version of the SW7 which make me sad cause i loved the lace SW6 but couldn't fit well in them but fit great in the SW7.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

1llum4 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:08 pm
At first I thought it was some DMT shoes with a specialized logo'ed overshoe but it has the specific Spec heel aera with logo.

Don't think spec would already replace the SW7 since it's only been a year it's been released and it is selling well with no big problem. So I am guessing it's alternate version of the SW7, maybe a slimmed down version aimed at TT to bridge the gap between the SW7 and the trident ?

That might means also that we won't see a lace version of the SW7 which make me sad cause i loved the lace SW6 but couldn't fit well in them but fit great in the SW7.
Here's the side on view Image

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Looks like a lower spec shoe if it’s using a single IP1 dial, but if it’s lighter and fits...

micky

by micky

You can see the feet, the material must be super soft/elastic.

Andres

by Andres

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:55 pm
Here's a look at Michael Matthew's S5 disc.... he did race the Propel disc, correct?

This is one ugly bike, big fan of the previous gen so slightly disappointed, the stem angle and split "v" are a non-starter for me. The paint on this team issue is also one big mess.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Agree...another candidate for the freaks thread...

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

micky wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:18 pm
maybe a semi-knit version coming?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

spdntrxi wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:59 pm
micky wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:18 pm
maybe a semi-knit version coming?
That's probably a good guess... especially with Fizik and Giro having knit shoes on the market already. I'd guess that Specialized take it in a slightly different direction, but some sort of lightweight, textile material.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

So what Giro has already done with “Teijin” fabric in the Prolight and what Mavic has done with the Cosmic Ultimate SL.

ichobi

by ichobi

Looks more like an update of Sub 6 shoes? (The laced one) The profile looks pretty aero and low profile though the BOA might contradict this.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Wingnut wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:57 pm
Agree...another candidate for the freaks thread...
+1

saw it last week at my lbs, and I was amazed how one can design a bike frame without two matching lines. I know it's more or less the old S5 (which was the ugliest bike imho) but with that stupid stem and discs it looks like a 5 year-old's drawing came to life.

I also had a chance to see the new Annondale and boy that thing looks clunky...
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

tymon_tm wrote:I know it's more or less the old S5 (which was the ugliest bike imho) but with that stupid stem and discs it looks like a 5 year-old's drawing came to life.
Lol...Image

by Weenie