2019 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Astana are firing on all cylinders at the moment!

They have been super strong all season, have there been any major staff changes behind the scenes to account for the lift in performances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

DartanianX wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:07 pm
Astana are firing on all cylinders at the moment!

They have been super strong all season, have there been any major staff changes behind the scenes to account for the lift in performances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There has been changes during the off-season, they were mentionning something along those lines on french TV during today's Dauphiné stage but I was doing four things at once so I'm not sure if they changed some of the coaching staff or just decided to try a different approach in training. They weren't bad last season, but yeah they've been really good this year, close to winning as much as Quick-Step.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Is it just me or is Alaphilippe is on crack cocaine? Everytime the camera focuses on Alaphilippe his body is twitching from head to toe, as if he's about to launch a big attack. I've never seen a rider as unsettled as him. Wouldn't that waste a lot of energy on a six hour ride?

TonyM

by TonyM

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:52 am
Is it just me or is Alaphilippe is on crack cocaine? Everytime the camera focuses on Alaphilippe his body is twitching from head to toe, as if he's about to launch a big attack. I've never seen a rider as unsettled as him. Wouldn't that waste a lot of energy on a six hour ride?
As far as I can remember seing him he was always like this!
But since last year the camera focuse on him...

rainerhq

by rainerhq

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:52 am
Very well phrased :thumbup: :thumbup:
For me, its very annoying to watch him.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

eins4eins

by eins4eins

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:11 am
nathanong87 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:08 am
i know wellens was behind, but remco [again] towed VC 13kms to the line and then gets out sprinted. dang
The kid's gotta learn! :)
Not really. He did the right thing. He couldn't slow down and allow Wellens to recover after catching him. Otherwise Wellens and Campenaerts would've kept attacking him and his chances to win would've been zero.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

eins4eins wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:04 am
Dan Gerous wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:11 am
nathanong87 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:08 am
i know wellens was behind, but remco [again] towed VC 13kms to the line and then gets out sprinted. dang
The kid's gotta learn! :)
Not really. He did the right thing. He couldn't slow down and allow Wellens to recover after catching him. Otherwise Wellens and Campenaerts would've kept attacking him and his chances to win would've been zero.
I was sarcastic.

Willier

by Willier

kytyree wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:54 pm
https://www.velonews.com/2019/06/news/m ... ers_495151

This race tomorrow that finishes going up Mont Ventoux could be interesting. Not sure if I'll be able to watch it here but I could see one day races featuring some of the more famous climbs working well for pro cycling.

Well there was a race one day before Otztaler marathon on the same course, but only one year

spud

by spud

Trek leaving Degenkolb at home for the Tour to concentrate on Porte/GC? With his Porte's track record in TDF, that's either an idiotic decision, or a gut feeling that after so many years of crashing out etc, he's due for a good ride. But Dauphine certainly did little to raise his profile. Seems like a good bet that Degen will leave the team at the end of the year.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

spud wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:10 pm
Trek leaving Degenkolb at home for the Tour to concentrate on Porte/GC? With his Porte's track record in TDF, that's either an idiotic decision, or a gut feeling that after so many years of crashing out etc, he's due for a good ride. But Dauphine certainly did little to raise his profile. Seems like a good bet that Degen will leave the team at the end of the year.
Degenkolb is rumored to be going to Lotto-Soudal next year...

djcharlou

by djcharlou

Will Porte continue the "Stage9gate" streak this year to make it three in a row ?

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

djcharlou wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:23 pm
Will Porte continue the "Stage9gate" streak this year to make it three in a row ?
I hope not, maybe with low expectations this year and the absence of Froome he could have a decent crack. :noidea:
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

JohnnyHanel

by JohnnyHanel

did anyone catch the Mont Ventoux race today? OR POSSIBLY HAVE A REPLAY LINK????

sychen

by sychen

JohnnyHanel wrote:did anyone catch the Mont Ventoux race today? OR POSSIBLY HAVE A REPLAY LINK????
Did watch the last 5km live.. No link sorry.

Bardet repeatedly attacked Herrada without success.. Herrada just burned him in the last 400m.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I was watching the on demand reply from eurosports.. coverage ended with like 600m to go.. I was like WTF
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com