2019 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Jugi

by Jugi

Viviani's got the mojo. Deceuninck - Quickstep may be the sprint train to beat this year (again).

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Anyone think that maybe when Viviani was on Sky he was trying to be / made to be more of a utility rider as well as a sprinter, and now on QS he can purely train for the last 200m? OK he's got more opportunities and way more support, but he seems much faster on his own as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wookski

by Wookski

Karvalo wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:16 pm
Anyone think that maybe when Viviani was on Sky he was trying to be / made to be more of a utility rider as well as a sprinter, and now on QS he can purely train for the last 200m? OK he's got more opportunities and way more support, but he seems much faster on his own as well.
Maybe, he’s definitely got a lot more confidence. I can’t recall seeing him even attempt the hole shots he took yesterday when he was at Sky.

IchDien

by IchDien

Karvalo wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:16 pm
Same as Cav with SKY in the TDF etc. No?

To be honest if you're a sprinter on any team with a GC ambitions then you simply have to be a utility rider.

LouisN

by LouisN

A bit early to call for 2019's best sprinter ;) , he was basically freewheeling to the 150 m line.
We'll discuss and vote for best 2019 sprinter in october ... :beerchug:

Louis :)

Tam

by Tam

$50 on Viviani to win La Primavera.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Viviani has always been a class rider on the oval which seems to translate pretty darn well to the road for him. Either that or really big ...
Just ride ..

ichobi

by ichobi

He gained a lot of confidence. He has always been fast but did not appear decisive in the final kick. I recalled he outsprinted an on form Cav on a few occasions but you could also see he lacked that killer instinct. Qs really makes a home for him. Valued, protected and respected. I doubt he got a slice of that at Sky.

I actually interviewed him when he visited Thailand two years ago. He said that he did not want to leave Sky. Everything was perfect but the only thing he did not have was opportunity. he even said that once he gets older and lose the speed he would love to go back to Sky to end his career there.

Would love to see him at the Tour this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Patty Bevan!!
Using Tapatalk

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Nefarious86 wrote:Patty Bevan!!
Paddy Bevin.

Laid the wood to Caleb Ewan, who looks like he ate everything in sight this off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

LeDuke wrote:
Nefarious86 wrote:Patty Bevan!!
Paddy Bevin.

Laid the wood to Caleb Ewan, who looks like he ate everything in sight this off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks auto correct lol
Using Tapatalk

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I like how Sagan just rolled casually in for third at the line. Still finishing up at the very front despite not caring at all about the sprint points.

Wookski

by Wookski

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:40 am
I like how Sagan just rolled casually in for third at the line. Still finishing up at the very front despite not caring at all about the sprint points.
What are you talking about? He contested the sprint.

robeambro

by robeambro

guyc wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:19 am
Cannondale - spend all that R&D on the integration of the SystemSix and then use a standard, non-aero, FSA bar and stem. SMFH.
They didn’t even have money to pay somebody for the logos (first “Annondale” and then Comic Sans), clearly they don’t know what they’re doing

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Wookski wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:41 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:40 am
What are you talking about? He contested the sprint.

It was half-hearted just like his Down Under Classic effort. Just like most of his sprints in previous TDUs.

https://youtu.be/vG8WXiz66pw?t=160

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com