2019 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ave

by ave

It's not about him, it's about them, as his T-shirt says! ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

guyc wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:43 pm
Some sort of argument with the team is the rumour. He’s now AWOL.
They're now saying he got off his bike and got into a team car at the feed zone... Team cars don't communicate with each other? :noidea:

wingguy

by wingguy

Crikey, just before the TT as well! Hope he’s ok and it’s nothing more serious than team drama.

Rob81

by Rob81

I could be wrong but IIRC hasn't Gaimon labelled Dennis as "kind of a jerk" in one of his books?

MattMay

by MattMay

Finding good coffee, there’s an app for that!

Beanhunter - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/beanhunte ... d349940968

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

He might be frustrated to have worked a lot to improve his climbing which hurt his TT a bit so he would be better support for Nibali... and seeing Nibali just hanging out at the back sightseeing until he decides to go for a stage in the Alps... But it's odd of him not to wait after tomorrow's TT to go home.

Martin.F

by Martin.F

Wow. It was supposedly discontent with the equipment - the wheels in particular that made Dennis quit the race. According to norwegian news station tv2 Hushovd had a chat with him today where Dennis told about not being pleased with the equipment - claiming to lose 40w to the competitors.

guyc

by guyc

If that’s the case. WTF.

ave

by ave

40W my a**.

Anyway, very unprofessional to quit like this. I don't think it should be tolerated.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Martin.F wrote:Wow. It was supposedly discontent with the equipment - the wheels in particular that made Dennis quit the race. According to norwegian news station tv2 Hushovd had a chat with him today where Dennis told about not being pleased with the equipment - claiming to lose 40w to the competitors.
Yeah, that’s what I always do. Sorry guys, I was riding my “slow” wheels today. Now, which one of you blokes got my coffee. Thx, I’ll catchya next time. Image
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Martin.F wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:05 pm
Wow. It was supposedly discontent with the equipment - the wheels in particular that made Dennis quit the race. According to norwegian news station tv2 Hushovd had a chat with him today where Dennis told about not being pleased with the equipment - claiming to lose 40w to the competitors.
That's crazy. I mean, they're the same freakin' wheels they had when he signed a contract...

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Martin.F wrote:Wow. It was supposedly discontent with the equipment - the wheels in particular that made Dennis quit the race. According to norwegian news station tv2 Hushovd had a chat with him today where Dennis told about not being pleased with the equipment - claiming to lose 40w to the competitors.
Talk about “Diva/premadonna” drama!!!!

otnemem

by otnemem

"Prima donna".

And Froome is already on a bike. Pedaling with one leg.
If anyone else here has worked in orthopaedics let me know. We can laugh our asses off together.

Wookski

by Wookski

Martin.F wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:05 pm
That’s quite funny- he definitely needs to be on WW! “There’s no f#!%en way I’m riding this POS Merida for one more second!”

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Seems like Dennis isn't particularly well liked by former team mates et al and probably has some form of mental problems:

https://cyclingtips.com/2019/07/inside- ... an-dennis/

So maybe he didn't fit in well at Bahrain-Merida for whatever reason and is looking to get out of his contract, but with this kind of unprofessional exit who would want to take a chance on hiring him?