Ordering from bike discount Germany

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

velomane

by velomane

It is also quite possible that it is sitting in a warehouse in Montreal. Nobody has gotten to it yet, hence no "arrived in Canada" message.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

claus

by claus

It also could be stuck at German Customs ("Zoll"), esp. if it is something expensive.

Herb5998

by Herb5998

Have ordered from them a few times this year. Shipping was via normal post office, but relatively quick (5-7 working days)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

velomane wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:20 am
It is also quite possible that it is sitting in a warehouse in Montreal. Nobody has gotten to it yet, hence no "arrived in Canada" message.
Possibly.. I called Canadapost today and they said to expect postal delays for the next 3 months because of the recent strike, they said domestic mail takes priority over international (they also said though it was strange that for somethingleaving on the 18th, it should have at least arrived and been scanned as arrived 2 weeks after the fact) funny thing is my coworkers husband works for Canadapost and told him what Cpost said over the phone.. he said everything wsa pretty well flowing as it should.. he also suspects its still sitting in Germany in a shipping crate to be filled... :shock:

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Haha when they say domestic they mean all those junk food flyer's that fill my recycling box every week. My postal workers say it's the single most important thing they deliver. The town I live in that's all we have is fast food not one decent restaurant. So I really appreciate it when I open the box and see bike parts that have been delivered by the postal workers. Xmas every week.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

TonyM

by TonyM

I am ordering at Bikediscount.de for many years now.
Everything works fine.

Now in Canada (BC Vancouver) it takes usually3 weeks between shipment and at my local post office.
I track the shipments with the DHL site and with the Canada Post site (as soon as it arrives in Canada).

I had some delay in December from bike discount and bike24 because of the strike at Canada Post however.

If you have problems with the shipment and it is not yet arrived in Canada then contact Bikediscount and they will contact DHL Germany and usually it speeds up the whole thing (I used that method one or two times already for bike24 also)

OJ

by OJ

Little late to the party here, but I've ordered from Bike-Discount.de a couple of times. Shipping has been >2 weeks if memory serves me correct. >2 week shipping seems to be the norm when ordering from Germany via DHL/Canada Post. There was lots of rumours floating around because of Canada Post strike, including stuff about Canada Post requesting foreign postal offices to hold off on sending parcels, but it's all strike rumours.
http://demarere.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Stuff arrived in Canada today and has already been processed by Customs... 2 weeks to Montreal, and 2 days to Winnipeg.. Go figure.. oh well , at least I can resume getting the TT bike setup...