La Passione clothing quality?

Kit Brand Talk. Everything under the sun, including sunnies!
ichobi

by ichobi

https://www.lapassione.cc

Newish Italian based cycling clothing brand. Kind of Rapha-ish in terms of presentation. Monotone block color which I like. Have great winter sales pricing at the moment. Was wondering if anyone has tried them and how do you find their quality? Reviews on the internet seem mixed but those are about their offering 2-3 years back not the latest one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by ichobi on Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

73Bronco

by 73Bronco

I'm curious also. I keep seeing their ads on Facebook.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Theres's a lot of #metoo Rapha clones for the anti-rapha brigade, la passione is just one of them.
Official cafe stop tester

Kumppa

by Kumppa

I have been using their PSN bibshorts for a one summer and jerseyrs for 2 year now. Great customer support, made in Italy and really fast delivery with DHL. Cheap return which work great. So far haven't notice any problem with quality. For this price I would recommend. Can't compare between Rapha becouse it's not my thing.

- PSN bibshorts pad is pretty thick but it's designed for longer rides and thats why it's my favourite choice most of the time when riding long outdoor rides.
- PSN jersey (not that midweight PSN if they produce it anymore) is pretty strecthy. This might be problem if you carry everything on back pockets. Look and fit is good but made me use saddle bag with this jersey.
- Macro PDP jersey is my favourite for hot weather. Not so lightweight at you could see throught. Same fit as PSN have but without that strechy problem.

Rudi

by Rudi

I've got a couple of their bibs and jerseys. Had at least one set for a couple of summers with no issues. I like the cut of their bibs. Sizing for me is similar to Castelli.

Their winter stuff seems fairly monotone. The summer range has a little more variety.

In terms of a comparison, I probably prefer them to the one set of Rapha bibs that I have and find them no worse than the Castelli I had before them, all around a similar price point.
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

ichobi

by ichobi

This all sounds promising. I will probably order their winter kit to try out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

otoman

by otoman

I'm a fan. I have two pairs of their thermal bibs, two of their regular bibs and two summer jerseys with the mesh body and "smooth" Lycra sleeves. The jerseys fit extremely well, much better than Rapha IMHO which I always felt was cut too short and too fat. The Passione jersey's are great. Their bibs I'd rate above Rapha's though I have not had the highest end Rapha offering. The Passione bibs have a nice pad, fit well and are modestly compressive, not crazy compressive. They tend toward a longer length on the bibs as well, which I personally like. The thermal bibs are just a basic "Roubaix" type fleeced Lycra, no windblock material but work well for cooler temps. These have more of an elastic cuff at the bottom of the leg as opposed to the gripper at the bottom of the Lycra bibs. This is nice b/c it interacts well with leg warmers.

so overall, well thought out stuff, reasonably stylish at a good price point.
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

toshi

by toshi

I have a couple of their summer jerseys. After just two uses, the fabric has frayed along the zipper and most especially above the rear pockets — visually the jerseys look like they've been worn regularly for half a season. Buddies I've shown this to are surprised how janky the material is. La Passione didn't have anything substantive to say when I reached out, the person replying seemed extremely disconnected from the product and offered little more than a literal shrug.

Can't comment on their bibs or other offerings but for this experience alone I'm not going back.

Woland

by Woland

I have the PSN jersey and PSN bibshorts.

PSN jersey fits me really well, helped by the very comfy and stretchy material. As the pockets are made of the same stretchy material it will give a droopy look, if you're carrying anything heavier than gels or bars in the pockets. Overall, a very nice jersey if you don't mind the pockets.

PSN bibshorts have a really comfortable pad. These are pretty racy bibs, but the pad is good for whole day rides (YMMV). The bibs have a fair amount of compression and are a bit tight to pull on and I often hear the seams snap while putting on the bibs, which is not very confidence inspiring in terms of longevity. My biggest issue with the shorts is that the straps are stripping. This started after just a couple of washes and reflects poorly on the quality. With identical care, I've only had this happen to Rapha Core bibshorts after much, more use and wash cycles.

Overall, I really like La Passione styling and fit, but am not convinced by the details and quality. Won't be buying again, will stick to high end Rapha and Assos and the like.

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Im liking them. Post rapha here... well made and fine cut. Well worth thr price in my book.

ichobi

by ichobi

CLEAR wrote:Im liking them. Post rapha here... well made and fine cut. Well worth thr price in my book.
Were you on Rapha pro team range? Would you say they are comparable?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ALS

by ALS

Only wear La Passione now for sizing price/quality.... nothng but good things to say. For ref I’ve used Assos, Rapha and Castelli.

biwa

by biwa

How do they compare to Isadore?

dastott

by dastott

My experience: shorts and winter tights, very good; winter jacket, excellent; summer jersey, average with stretchy pockets.

ichobi

by ichobi

ALS wrote:Only wear La Passione now for sizing price/quality.... nothng but good things to say. For ref I’ve used Assos, Rapha and Castelli.
Would you say they are as good as the higher end Rapha and Assos?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com